Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Primitivo- Starting 14th of April

JAVS79

Time of past OR future Camino
(2017) Ourense-Santiago
(2018) Camino Ingles
(2018-...) Português by stages
(2019) Primitivo and Fr
I will start the Camino Primitivo in 14th of April.
Is anyone who will start the camino from Oviedo the same day?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi Javs , I will be a couple of days in front of you, fly into Santander on the Wednesday 10th April, then bus to Oviedo, so probably start walking on the 11th or 12th April.
Couple of questions for you or anyone else, I only needed a silk liner on the Frances last August, but think I may need a light sleeping for this camino, are you carrying a sleeping bag ?
Bill

I took the liberty of adding your start date to the calendar. I know many people don’t use the calendar, but it is easy and may put you in touch with others walking. We have cleaned it up a bit to include only start dates, so it should make it easier to see if others are leaving on the same day as you. (And of course, if you want me to take it down, just send me a message).

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Laurie:

This is silly but I forget how to add / edit a calendar entry. Presently I am on an iPhone.

Thank,

Tom

I took the liberty of adding your start date to the calendar. I know many people don’t use the calendar, but it is easy and may put you in touch with others walking. We have cleaned it up a bit to include only start dates, so it should make it easier to see if others are leaving on the same day as you. (And of course, if you want me to take it down, just send me a message).

Going to try and do the same, re- the calendar!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
We plan to start on the 13th from Oviedo. We walk with silk liner only. Coming from a dry, warm country, we are not well equipped for rain, snow and cold...We look forward to the Camino and will handle the weather, this is part of the experience! Buen Camino

We plan to start on the 13th from Oviedo. We walk with silk liner only. Coming from a dry, warm country, we are not well equipped for rain, snow and cold...We look forward to the Camino and will handle the weather, this is part of the experience! Buen Camino
Hi , 60 Morris, we will maybe meet, depending on how far we walk each day, I had hoped to walk with only a silk liner, but I don't like the cold, either ( even though I am from a cold country! , I have some African blood!),I had read some where here that not all the albergues have blankets, and even in August on the Frances last year I looked for a blanket occasionally.
Bill

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hi Javs , I will be a couple of days in front of you, fly into Santander on the Wednesday 10th April, then bus to Oviedo, so probably start walking on the 11th or 12th April.
Couple of questions for you or anyone else, I only needed a silk liner on the Frances last August, but think I may need a light sleeping for this camino, are you carrying a sleeping bag ?
Bill
Hi Bill.
From my experience, in April you should use a ligth sleeping bag. The one i use has only 680gr. I bought it in Decathlon.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! Started today from Oviedo to Escamplero. Now I know, why so many people say it's a bit of a challenge to come out of Oviedo. I got lost just once, but was rescued by a very friendly guy. A...
I have been trying to find a way to avoid the circus during the last stages of Frances. In two hours you can take the Lugo - Ourense train and walk the last stages on the Plata. Is it a good idea...
https://www.alojamientoloshospitales.com/albergue I found a link to this place in an old thread, but can't find it on WisePilgrim, the Gronze map or if I search by address. Can someone tell me...
Hi all Heading out for a meal tonight and Pilgrim mass before starting the Primitivo tomorrow. Any recommendations on where to get a great meal in Oviedo?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back