Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Primitivo.

greyfriarsbobby

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Ingles Caminno Primitivo
Can anyone tell me whether it is feasible to walk the Camino Primitivo (from Oviedo) in 6/7days?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Greyfriarsbobby:

Oviedo to Melide is 314 km's. Six days would equate to 52 km's a day. Seven day would equate to 45 km's per day.

Someone did the Frances in 9 days 800 km's.

So when you ask if it is possible, I would have to answer yes it is. Practically, I would say no.

If you only have six or seven days, why not walk the Salvador?

Ultreya,
Joe

The Primitivo has constant ascents/descents so is more taxing than the Camino Frances. It also doesn't have the number of albergues which makes it difficult to break stages in the way you would like to.

Things are always possible but there are other routes that may suit your timeframe better than the Primitivo.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I think I would say that you will enjoy the whole experience more if there is no time pressure. If there are restrictions on time, I would recommend you walk it in different stages... Sometimes we forget that it is not all about walking... :)

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.