Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino primitivo!

Robert Hudson

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Primitivo.. (2018)
Hola, en una semana mas o menos mi voy a caminar el camino primitivo de Oviedas a Fisterra. Tengo preguntas. Este camino tiene camas por dormiendo en monastarios o hospedajes puedo usar por todo los noches estoy caminando? Y que cosas pensan necisito seguro? Pronto voy a comprar un sombrero y zapatos buenos pero quiro caminar sin muchas cosas en mi mochila. Y comida y agua, puedo comprar todo los dias en los pueblos o necisito viajar con agua y comida por poco dias? Por último, ¿qué hay de los lobos y los osos? ¿Son un peligro para los viajeros en el camino? ¿Cómo debería uno prepararse para conocer potencialmente a tales animales? Gracias por tu ayudar. Saludos, Rob Hudson

Hello, in a week or two I am going to start the camino primitivo from Oviedas to Fisterra. I have a couple of questions regarding the camino. Are there places to sleep in at each night of the trek, or would it be wise to take a sleeping bag and tent? And, for those of you who have done this, what items do you regard as absolutely necessary to take with you? I am going to take a good hat and shoes but I don't want to be over loaded with heaps of things I wont end up using. I would like to send my sleeping bag and inflatable mattress along with other items that will weigh me down to the end of the trek to pick them up once I am done. Also, what about food and water? Should I carry enough supplies for a few days or can you buy these items each time you stop at the villages? Lastly, what about wolves and bears? Are they a danger to people on the camino? How should one prepare them selves for a potential encounter? Thank you for your time reading this message. Kind regards, Rob Hudson

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
In all of the albergues that I stayed in, from Oviedo to Santiago, blankets were readily available. I did not need a sleeping bag (I used a silk liner). Accommodation was easy to find, and I was only walking 15-25 km. daily. Carry water - there are definitely sections of the route where you will not walk through towns/villages/hamlets for extended periods.

Hola, en una semana mas o menos mi voy a caminar el camino primitivo de Oviedas a Fisterra. Tengo preguntas. Este camino tiene camas por dormiendo en monastarios o hospedajes puedo usar por todo los noches estoy caminando? Y que cosas pensan necisito seguro? Pronto voy a comprar un sombrero y zapatos buenos pero quiro caminar sin muchas cosas en mi mochila. Y comida y agua, puedo comprar todo los dias en los pueblos o necisito viajar con agua y comida por poco dias? Por último, ¿qué hay de los lobos y los osos? ¿Son un peligro para los viajeros en el camino? ¿Cómo debería uno prepararse para conocer potencialmente a tales animales? Gracias por tu ayudar. Saludos, Rob Hudson

Hello, in a week or two I am going to start the camino primitivo from Oviedas to Fisterra. I have a couple of questions regarding the camino. Are there places to sleep in at each night of the trek, or would it be wise to take a sleeping bag and tent? And, for those of you who have done this, what items do you regard as absolutely necessary to take with you? I am going to take a good hat and shoes but I don't want to be over loaded with heaps of things I wont end up using. I would like to send my sleeping bag and inflatable mattress along with other items that will weigh me down to the end of the trek to pick them up once I am done. Also, what about food and water? Should I carry enough supplies for a few days or can you buy these items each time you stop at the villages? Lastly, what about wolves and bears? Are they a danger to people on the camino? How should one prepare them selves for a potential encounter? Thank you for your time reading this message. Kind regards, Rob Hudson

Would have considered ourselves lucky if we had encountered wolves and bears! Not likely, no worries.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Yikes! I walked the Primitivo in 2016 and if I'd read about the possibility of bears and wolves on that route, I think I would have reconsidered going!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! Started today from Oviedo to Escamplero. Now I know, why so many people say it's a bit of a challenge to come out of Oviedo. I got lost just once, but was rescued by a very friendly guy. A...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.