A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

The big map o the Caminos de Santiago

Camino Primitivo

SarahM

Camino(s) past & future
Primitivo (Oct 2018)
I just arrived in Oviedo and am staying in a private room to get some sleep after 2 days of travel and no sleep to get here. Am hiking alone and would love to connect with other pilgrims as I head out tomorro:)

I'm going to the cathedral when they open, around 10 or 1030.. and will then start walking!

Sarah

wayfarer

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
SJPP-Santiago-Finistera-Muxia. April/May 2012
Sarria-Santiago Sept. 2013
SJPP - Almost Orrison April 2014
Welcome Sarah and have a great Camino.
Buen Camino.

I just arrived in Oviedo and am staying in a private room to get some sleep after 2 days of travel and no sleep to get here. Am hiking alone and would love to connect with other pilgrims as I head out tomorro:)

I'm going to the cathedral when they open, around 10 or 1030.. and will then start walking!

Sarah
We are now 2 days into our Camino Primitivo, please read my post...re Escamplero....

aloarb53

Camino(s) past & future
Frances: SJPP to SdC (2011, 2012, 2013)
Primitivo (2018)
St. Frances Way (2019)
I seem to remember they don't have sellos in the cathedral, only in the tourist office! Does anyone else remember?
We got one when we paid for entry -- 4 euros for pilgrims.

Camino(s) past & future
started in 2012, hooked ever since.

Sarah
With any luck you will not be alone as many from El Norte join the Primitivo at Oviedo. At least that was my experience last year walking from Oviedo albeit in Sept.
Buen Camino and enjoy the wonderful Primitivo.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Norte and Frances Sept 6 - Oct 11, 2016

Sarah
Bueno Camino. I hope you find someone to walk with

Camino(s) past & future
1st Primitivo 2018
Hi Sarah. Buen Camino. How’s it going? You must be 5-6 days on Primitivo now ? have you ‘found your Camino legs’ yet - travelling ok? What’s it like? I’m dying to hear and catch an update on your progress as I’ll be doing the same route in a couple of weeks or so. Hope your enjoying, fill us in when you can

Camino(s) past & future
CF -15, VdlP -15, Sanabres-16. CP -17, Primitivo-17, Mozarabe-18, Norte-18
Arrived Lugo yesterday. Primitivo is tough, but survived without pains. Many of my caminofamily had big difficoulties with legs. Some had even use a taxi for last etapas. I’m so happy to be able walk the the Hospitales in fantastic weather. And the next days serpentine after La Mesa was great , too

alaskadiver

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
May 2017-Camino Primitivo
April 2019-Camino de Invierno
I seem to remember they don't have sellos in the cathedral, only in the tourist office! Does anyone else remember?
My first stamp was the Cathedral's in May 2018 and a reduced cost to enter for the tour. Mass is of course free.

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 11 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 114 14.5%
  • May

Votes: 192 24.4%