• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Primitivo

BeeHodge

Time of past OR future Camino
April 2018
Hello, anyone doing this Camino is September this year?

I am planning to walk from the 13/9, but I cant find EasyJet or Ryanair flying to Austuria or Oviedo from Bristol or even London.

Does anyone know the best way to get there from England?

Many thanks

Bee

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I'm looking at how to get from Madrid to Oviedo on June 5th. Rome2Rio doesn't show train tickets available. Maybe have to look sooner to that date.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Asturias airport is a tiny airport that only has direct flights to/from a handful of Spanish destinations.

You could try the following options:
Ryanair, London Stansted - Santander (the bus to Oviedo takes 2-3 hours)
Easyjet, Bristol - Bilbao (the bus to Oviedo takes 3-4 hours)

Good luck!

I am planning to walk from the 13/9, but I cant find EasyJet or Ryanair flying to Austuria or Oviedo from Bristol or even London.

Many thanks

Bee

Hi Bee,

I'm also going to be starting in September, but likely from 18/09. I intend to fly from London to Madrid, then catching the RENFE train to Oviedo (about 4hrs). Easyjet flies from Gatwick and Luton to Madrid. The flights to Asturias seemed pricey to me, and I don't mind catching trains (and hoping they don't cost more than the flight to Asturias).

This will be my first Camino, so very excited!

Flights from London with Vueling or Iberia that day. Quite cheap too. Try using Kayak as your flight search engine. In the interests of balance other search engines are available ;)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I catch the ferry to Santander (then you can catch a bus to Oviedo). I find the ferry (24 hours) interesting, relaxing and cheap.

Davey

Many thanks

Bee

BA and IB fly to OVD. Don’t know if they go direct, or via Madrid.

I'm looking at how to get from Madrid to Oviedo on June 5th. Rome2Rio doesn't show train tickets available. Maybe have to look sooner to that date.
My wife and I took an ALSA bus right from the airport in Madrid to Oviedo this past September. About 5 1/2 hours.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
This June flying to S de C - bus to Oviedo,4 hours or so.

We will be starting from Oviedo on 23 September. But a somewhat tortuous path to get there. Fly to Paris. TGV to Hendaye, Euskotren to Bilbao, FEVE to Oviedo, wastes two days, but what scenery! Much needed delay in starting our Primitivo, but hellos to reduce the 24 four flight jet lag from Oz.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
JillGat,
That’s right. You can’t book this far out. Perhaps try after 5 April, that is less than 2 months before your travel date.

Thank you everyone for your input!! I will look at flights again in June and hopefully there will be more options then.

I didn’t use a guide book when I walked the Camino France last year because the Way was so well marked, but Camino Primitivo isn’t as well marked apparently... does anyone has a good recommendation?

Bee

Thank you everyone for your input!! I will look at flights again in June and hopefully there will be more options then.

I didn’t use a guide book when I walked the Camino France last year because the Way was so well marked, but Camino Primitivo isn’t as well marked apparently... does anyone has a good recommendation?

Bee

Wise Pilgrim do a good Primitivo guide, available from the forum store.

Davey

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Bee

I'll be relying mainly on this guide, created and updated (2018) by Liz Brandt

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.