Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Primitivo

A selection of Camino Jewellery
A lovely camino. If you have hip problems I suggest you take the Pola Allende option. The alternative is long and very difficult.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
And finally, after nearly two years of delays by medical problems I am 4 weeks away from my start from Sydney. My friend has Morton's Neuroma so for me it will be a solo adventure. I've a muscle tear in my shoulder and am waiting, waiting, waiting for the cortisone shot to take its delayed effect. Expect to leave Oviedo 24 September for a gentle Primitivo with shortest possible stages. Into Santiago 12 October.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
A lovely camino. If you have hip problems I suggest you take the Pola Allende option. The alternative is long and very difficult.

Since Bob isn’t walking, this is certainly not relevant for him at this moment, but just in case there are others who might have read the alert, I will add my comment. I have to say that this is not factually correct. The way from Pola involves more elevation gain (some 200 m more than the alternative through Hospitales) as well as steeper climbs. The Hospitales route has steady elevation gain but nothing really steep.

Borres to Berducedo is 24 km through Hospitales, which is a fairly average stage in terms of distance. IT has a bit more than 400 m elevation gain, but that is not exceptional.

The two alternatives join at the Puerto del Palo, and then comes the treacherous descent to Montefurado. No way to avoid that though!

More comparison between the two here. https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/hospitales-or-pola-de-allande.28334/

Both ways are beautiful, IMO, so either option is a great choice! Buen camino, Laurie

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Many thanks to you all for your messages of support. My sudden seizure and week in hospital has taken me aback, whether at 82, I get back to Spain is another matter. Still, everything is in readiness. I'm still in the middle of a a travel insurance claim and haven't yet unpacked. Tonight we should ould have been in the Albergue Preregrino de Salas, oh well....... Ultrea

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! Started today from Oviedo to Escamplero. Now I know, why so many people say it's a bit of a challenge to come out of Oviedo. I got lost just once, but was rescued by a very friendly guy. A...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.