• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Requena - Planning updates for 2023

C clearly

Staff member
Time of past OR future Camino
Most years since 2012
I'm planning to walk from Valencia on the Camino Requena to join the Lana at Monteagudo de las Salinas. My main sources of information are this website of the Amigos in Requena and some forum threads such as last year's LIVE thread by @Bad Pilgrim. Also, the Amigos website had a link to some YouTube videos by Josep Sarrió that are very good. (He has also walked other caminos and posted videos.)

When I find new bits of information - especially about accommodation, I'll post them here. If you have other 2023 updates, please contribute!

First update...

In Siete Aguas, Casa Rosa is now permanently closed. @Bad Pilgrim stayed there less than a year ago. I saw that Google Maps labelled it as closed, so I sent a WhatsApp message. I got a nice reply wishing me well, but they have retired and the Casa is closed.

Hotel Siete Aguas doesn't look open on street view, and I can't find any information about it.

One convenient thing to keep in mind is that the Cercanias commuter train connects the towns from Valencia to Utiel, 100 km, so you can always shuttle back and forth for the first 5 days or so. I'm flagging all the train stations on Organic Maps.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Bad Pilgrim is certainly your man for the Requena. I follow his guidance - and others' too - on the Ruta de la Lana.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
In Siete Aguas, Casa Rosa is now permanently closed. @Bad Pilgrim stayed there less than a year ago. I saw that Google Maps labelled it as closed, so I sent a WhatsApp message. I got a nice reply wishing me well, but they have retired and the Casa is closed.

Hotel Siete Aguas doesn't look open on street view, and I can't find any information about it.

There is a hotel (about 40 euros, 1 person) a couple of kms outside Siete Aguas by the highway. Not the way to experience Siete Aguas, but at least there is a place to stay.

Did you contact the *gasp* polideportivo in Siete Aguas? Who knows.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
There is a hotel (about 40 euros, 1 person) a couple of kms outside Siete Aguas by the highway. Not the way to experience Siete Aguas, but at least there is a place to stay.

Did you contact the *gasp* polideportivo in Siete Aguas?
I have no objections to highway hotels occasionally. In fact, I think I prefer that to contacting the polideportivo which has not thus far stepped up to offer accommodation, as far as I can tell!

I have now marked the Hostal Salida 306 on my map, but also the train station which is closer to the Camino and would provide a getaway on the Cercanías - if all else fails.

If you have other 2023 updates, please contribute!

I just learned I have more days than I thought, this summer, to walk in Spain. I now have time to repeat the Lana from Valencia! It will then be late July/beginning of August, so I will probably be all alone in the heat. I really want to follow a different set of stages than the last time, now that I know which places I like & dislike. I do hope you post about your journey & accomodations in May (?): it will be interesting to see if there are changes from last year when I walked (what is open and what is not).

Casa Itziar seems to have evaporated in Loriguilla. And I don't find any place to stay in Buñol (which is weird: it is large enough and quite touristy). As CClearly said, it looks like one has to use the commuter train to go back to Valencia to spend the night a few times. I can't fit the accomodations to my preferred itinerary.

Without a place to stay in Loriguilla, the first stage of the Lana becomes really long: Valencia-Cheste 33 kms, or worse: Valencia-Chiva 38 kms.

Although starting from Manises in Valencia would cut about 8 kms from those distances.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Casa Itziar seems to have evaporated in Loriguilla
Have you WhatsApped Casa Itziar or any places in Buñol? Obviously, you can take the Cercanías just to Manises or on to Buñol or even Requena for the night. It would be less expensive than Valencia but maybe less interesting.

I am planning to start gradually - Manises, Cheste, Buñol, but I haven't communicated directly with them. I'll do that today (maybe). I am still entertaining the idea of the commuter shuffle.

Do you know anything about the accommodation in Siete Aguas? I am thinking that I might need to take the train from Siete Aguas back to Buñol or on to Requena. The latter makes sense, but I wonder if I will have the conviction to backtrack in the morning instead of just walking onward!

Have you WhatsApped Casa Itziar or any places in Buñol?

WhatsApp is like outer space to me. I can't keep track of this new technology among all you youngsters...! I guess I soon have to learn it.

I am planning to start gradually - Manises, Cheste, Buñol,

Good idea. The stage with Buñol and Siete Aguas is hard on your feet if you already walked 12 kms from Chiva, or even longer from Cheste... I don't want to do that again. That is the reason I so much would like to stay in Buñol. That is: Buñol - Siete Aguas: 16 kms.

Do you know anything about the accommodation in Siete Aguas?

Nope, sorry. I am thinking about the commuter train - or continuing to El Rebollar where there is a roadside café-hostal. I visited last year. The hostal is about 1 kms off camino in El Rebollar (but there is a short-cut from the motorway). That would make 27 kms from Buñol to El Rebollar.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Casa Itziar seems to have evaporated in Loriguilla
No, it is alive and well. I exchanged WhatsApp, but didn't stay there. The number is 654 30 64 92, price €25 for the apartment. Walked by on Sunday, though - the store was closed but bar was open.
WhatsApp is like outer space to me. I can't keep track of this new technology among all you youngsters...! I guess I soon have to learn it.
Yes, you will!

No, it is alive and well. I exchanged WhatsApp, but didn't stay there. The number is 654 30 64 92, price €25 for the apartment. Walked by on Sunday, though - the store was closed but bar was open.

Yes, you will!

Thanks, and are you heading for Buñol tomorrow?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Nope, sorry. I am thinking about the commuter train - or continuing to El Rebollar where there is a roadside café-hostal. I visited last year.
Lodging in Siete Aguas is a problem. Vicente in Requena is suggesting that pilgrims should walk straight from Buñol to the Siete Aguas train, get the afternoon train to Requena, returning to Siete station in the morning to walk up the hill through the town and on to Requena. Stay a second night in Requena.

I stayed in El Rebollar. Not the finest truck stop I've stayed in, but I was happy to be there.

In Utiel, the Hostal/Pension El Vegano is excellent. If you email him, Javier gives pilgrims a special price of €25 in the pension (less than the hostal) and an excellent non-vegan meal for €10

When you go next time, plan for a Friday night at the albergue in Mira. You will get free live music from the establishment right across the street. I know you appreciate the local youth and their energy. 🤣 I'll let you know how late they play! They've been playing for 4 hours now and it is only 8:20 pm. Such energy!

Lodging in Siete Aguas is a problem. Vicente in Requena is suggesting that pilgrims should walk straight from Buñol to the Siete Aguas train, get the afternoon train to Requena, returning to Siete station in the morning to walk up the hill through the town and on to Requena. Stay a second night in Requena.

I stayed in El Rebollar. Not the finest truck stop I've stayed in, but I was happy to be there.

OK! Train from 7 aguas sounds reasonable. But I think I would prefer to stay at El Rebollar, like you did.

In Utiel, the Hostal/Pension El Vegano is excellent. If you email him, Javier gives pilgrims a special price of €25 in the pension (less than the hostal)

Dang! I am sure I paid 40 euros when I stayed there.

When you go next time, plan for a Friday night at the albergue in Mira. You will get free live music from the establishment right across the street. I know you appreciate the local youth and their energy. 🤣 I'll let you know how late they play! They've been playing for 4 hours now and it is only 8:20 pm. Such energy!

Sounds like a living nightmare if you ask me. And Mira is difficult to avoid as the next stage is more than 30 kms... If there isn't anywhere to stay in Villora, roughly half-way to Cardenete? Any updates?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Vicente says the albergue in Villora (call the ayuntamiento 969 343 401) is very good. It just doesn't fit my stages because I have a rendezvous in Monteagudo.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I stayed at Hotel Condes de Buñol (€36 including a good breakfast).

I ate a good menú del día at Posada Venta de Pilar, which has a Camino supporter sign out front and apparently gives a good rate to pilgrims.

Both of these places are located at the top of town near the train station.

Feel free to give more updates on this interesting route. I am gravitating towards this route more and more... I had to choose between the Invierno again and this again... I think I will be heading to Valencia after all!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back