• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino route (Zaragoza?) advice please: Landing in Reus

Walden

Time of past OR future Camino
I managed to get a week off work and snapped up flights into Reus outside Barcelona. I have walked Camino Frances, del Norte & Baztan but I don't really know anything about this part of Spain.

Would anyone be able to tell me if there would be albergues open from Zaragoza to Logrono? I'm thinking I could spend a night in Reus (is it nice?). (Or I could get the bus straight to Zaragoza and start from there the next day). The next day I'm thinking I could get an Alsa bus to Zaragoza and start a camino from there. But I don't know if there will be any pilgrims on that route, or if it's signposted okay.

The other option is I try to get a bus/train from Reus to Logrono and hope to find some company on the Frances, if the advice is that there would be few pilgrims on the Zaragoza route?

I would like advice please. I will get on to the research now that the flights are booked. I fly home from Biarritz so I could get from Logrono near the end of the few days and get to Bayonne,
In all I have Saturday (landing) to Thursday evening, flight home. I usually do 30km days, but I know the days are shorter now.

Thanks for any advice everyone.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I can't help with your itinerary but the Caminos Catalan and Aragonese had available albergues for most stages from mid October to mid November three years ago.

I'll supply more information if this interests you.

We have done a couple of short breaks by flying to Barcelona and then train to Pamplona. We start walking from Pamplona rather than Logrono.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
We are just finishing our Camino. Started in Barcelona through Zaragoza and on to Logroño. It is doable except Puenta de Ebro didn't have anything open so had to bus around. Buen Camino app and the Camino Catalan guide book
has Albergues and Hostals. We called ahead to make sure everything was open. We meet several Ignacio pilgrims going the other direction but only one other headed north west so we formed a family had had a great time.

The fast train to Zaragoza is relatively inexpensive. Bus up to Jaca and do part of the Aragones? You can go further up to Somport or just start in Jaca. Albergues along that route.

I managed to get a week off work and snapped up flights into Reus outside Barcelona. I have walked Camino Frances, del Norte & Baztan but I don't really know anything about this part of Spain.

Would anyone be able to tell me if there would be albergues open from Zaragoza to Logrono? I'm thinking I could spend a night in Reus (is it nice?). (Or I could get the bus straight to Zaragoza and start from there the next day). The next day I'm thinking I could get an Alsa bus to Zaragoza and start a camino from there. But I don't know if there will be any pilgrims on that route, or if it's signposted okay.

The other option is I try to get a bus/train from Reus to Logrono and hope to find some company on the Frances, if the advice is that there would be few pilgrims on the Zaragoza route?

I would like advice please. I will get on to the research now that the flights are booked. I fly home from Biarritz so I could get from Logrono near the end of the few days and get to Bayonne,
In all I have Saturday (landing) to Thursday evening, flight home. I usually do 30km days, but I know the days are shorter now.

Thanks for any advice everyone.
I've walked the entire Camino Ignaziano, so I can attest that the walk from Logrono to Zaragoza has albergues. We did it in that direction, but most walk the other way on the Camino Barcelona or Camino Ebro, as some refer to that route to Santiago. They come in every possible from. Stop in Alfaro at the Ayuntamiento and the cheerful Camino (yep...that's her name) will give you a key to an apartment the City own. No charge. In Alcanadre, we stayed in the train station, getting the key from the bar in the town. You will truly enjoy walking along the Ebro. Go to caminoignaziono, org for everything you need.

I don't see how you can possibly do this in five days, and you will be flying past too many interesting places. You might consider instead Logrono to Tudela, or Zaragoza to Tudela, if you are walking that direction.

Another option is Lerida (Leida) to Montserrat, the most spectacular place on any of the 8 camino paths we have walked. Or Loyola to Logrono, which has some of the best mountain walks we have done.

Lots of great choices. And this year is a Holy Year for the Camino Ignaziano, marking the 500th anniversary of the journey of St. Ignatius from Loyola to Montserrat, where he laid down his sword, and then to Manresa, where he lived in a cave and composed his still widely used Spiritual Exercise.

Buen Camino!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
thanks for all the helpful comments everyone. It looks like the pilgrim traffic could be thin on the ground. and I like meeting people. Is there something to be said for taking transport right up to Pamplona, or Logrono?

thanks for all the helpful comments everyone. It looks like the pilgrim traffic could be thin on the ground. and I like meeting people. Is there something to be said for taking transport right up to Pamplona, or Logrono?
This is a camino for those seeking nature, contemplation and some of the most amazing cities. The walk from Logrono through vineyards, pear orchards and almond groves along the river takes one's minds away from the troubles of this world. I rate it the most spiritual of all caminos. We also enjoyed meeting with so many locals, invited to join festivals, etc.

If you don't speak Spanish, seek a large and varied group of fellow pilgrims, and aren't into culture and history, this is definitely not for you.

We just got back from walking the Portugues. That sounds ideal for you as there were many pilgrims, but not anywhere near as crowded as the Frances. Plenty of places to stay even if you don't call and reserve. You can start in Valenca/Tui and arrive in Santiago earning a compostela. Five days is plenty.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.