• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino routes based on ease of biking and guidebooks to go with them?

ktchnofdngr

Time of past OR future Camino
September '13, June '16, July '21, And July '22
This will be my first time as a bicigrina, and I found the cicerone Camino Frances biking guidebook. I’ve read on other threads that there are better guidebooks out there, so would it be possible to get titles and/or where I can purchase them?

Second, Even though my doctor has said that walking isn’t really feasible for me anymore, I still want to experience all the other trails at some point. Can some of you rate the routes by ease of biking and then point me to guidebooks for them that help bicigrinos like me?

Are there any routes that just aren’t bike friendly and should be avoided?

Thanks!

Ruth

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
We have a copy of the translated yellow German guidebook which offer some cycling tips. It is by Joos and is called Outdoor The Way is the goal. I am sure there are others.

Ola,
I'm cycling the Camino Portuguese from Lisbon to Porto presently and using the Brierly guide. I would suggest coming out of Lisbon is okay but north of Santarem esp around Opcion it's hard going on a bike. Some of the green trails are very rough.

Appreciated the guide is written for walkers but I noticed some pilgrims using wheeled rucksacks (if that it the correct term) who would struggle on these green routes. Also on the road sections the margins are narrow and potholed.

The view above is my own and not to detract from the Brierly guide which is an excellent guidebook. I seem to be spending a lot of time on alternative navigation to mitigate some of these paths and tbh it's detracting from the enjoyment of the Camino experience.

However, the coastal route north of Porto to Vigo is very easy on a bike and can be easily navigated without a guide.

Hope that is of assistance.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

I Willl start biking from SJPD on 9.may with Ebike. I have a list of bike friendly albergs is there somebody who have experience with charging batery in such alberg. Do i need afdition 220v...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back