• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino routes map

biloute

Time of past OR future Camino
Chemin du Puy & Camino Francés (summer 2014), Chemin du Puy & Camino Francés (possible summer 2019)
I’m looking for a map of all the Camino routes in France that I could possibly hang on the wall. I’ve seen several maps of the routes in Spain, but I haven’t seen any for France. IGN has a map that says it’s a general map (map 922). Does anyone here have that map? Is it a map of all the routes in France? Does it look nice?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I’m looking for a map of all the Camino routes in France that I could possibly hang on the wall. I’ve seen several maps of the routes in Spain, but I haven’t seen any for France. IGN has a map that says it’s a general map (map 922). Does anyone here have that map? Is it a map of all the routes in France? Does it look nice?

Yes. It does cover the most important Chemins in France.

As long as we are casting about, does anyone have a link where I can find a similar map for the routes in Germany? Or, even, a map of (most of) Europe as a whole with routes?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
As long as we are casting about, does anyone have a link where I can find a similar map for the routes in Germany? Or, even, a map of (most of) Europe as a whole with routes?
Have you seen this schematic map and detailed commentary in Wikipedia?

Prior to mid 2016 on the Forum were many links to an encyclopedic map website by Peter Robbins entitled "The Walking Pilgrim". If you are interested in maps check out these terms on this Forum. Here is the the latest web for his site.

Happy plotting/planning!

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
A mapping system I use for research is Hiking - way marked trails I have centered this on western Europe - you can scroll in / out / up / down and go somewhere else. It looks busy (and this is just the routes that are marked as international = red and national = blue). All this reflects routes contributed by members of the world wide community of mappers and can be variable as to quality. The underlying maps are usually of very good quality.

Have you seen this schematic map and detailed commentary in Wikipedia?
Yes!
When presenting to my community in late 2016, I used that map to show "the big picture" and how all pilgrimage routes lead to Compostella.

I bought the map in Le Puy-en-Velay in September, after my walk from Geneva. IGN 922 Les Chemins vers Saint-Jacques de-Compostelle. It's enormous, 100 cm x 150 cm on good quality paper. You will need a large wall. While specific to France, there is a small inset of the major routes in Europe, including those all the way east. Another small scale inset includes the routes in northern Spain. There is some historical information in French and English. It's a map for daydreaming and perhaps planning.

There is the

Europe - Way of St James / Camino de Santiago CNIG Overview Map​

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
I was looking at the wisepilgrim app for the Frances route and noticed that the distances don't always add up from one side to the other. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I being overly observant...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.