• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino routes map

biloute

Time of past OR future Camino
Chemin du Puy & Camino Francés (summer 2014), Chemin du Puy & Camino Francés (possible summer 2019)
I’m looking for a map of all the Camino routes in France that I could possibly hang on the wall. I’ve seen several maps of the routes in Spain, but I haven’t seen any for France. IGN has a map that says it’s a general map (map 922). Does anyone here have that map? Is it a map of all the routes in France? Does it look nice?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I’m looking for a map of all the Camino routes in France that I could possibly hang on the wall. I’ve seen several maps of the routes in Spain, but I haven’t seen any for France. IGN has a map that says it’s a general map (map 922). Does anyone here have that map? Is it a map of all the routes in France? Does it look nice?

Yes. It does cover the most important Chemins in France.

As long as we are casting about, does anyone have a link where I can find a similar map for the routes in Germany? Or, even, a map of (most of) Europe as a whole with routes?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
As long as we are casting about, does anyone have a link where I can find a similar map for the routes in Germany? Or, even, a map of (most of) Europe as a whole with routes?
Have you seen this schematic map and detailed commentary in Wikipedia?

Prior to mid 2016 on the Forum were many links to an encyclopedic map website by Peter Robbins entitled "The Walking Pilgrim". If you are interested in maps check out these terms on this Forum. Here is the the latest web for his site.

Happy plotting/planning!

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
A mapping system I use for research is Hiking - way marked trails I have centered this on western Europe - you can scroll in / out / up / down and go somewhere else. It looks busy (and this is just the routes that are marked as international = red and national = blue). All this reflects routes contributed by members of the world wide community of mappers and can be variable as to quality. The underlying maps are usually of very good quality.

Have you seen this schematic map and detailed commentary in Wikipedia?
Yes!
When presenting to my community in late 2016, I used that map to show "the big picture" and how all pilgrimage routes lead to Compostella.

I bought the map in Le Puy-en-Velay in September, after my walk from Geneva. IGN 922 Les Chemins vers Saint-Jacques de-Compostelle. It's enormous, 100 cm x 150 cm on good quality paper. You will need a large wall. While specific to France, there is a small inset of the major routes in Europe, including those all the way east. Another small scale inset includes the routes in northern Spain. There is some historical information in French and English. It's a map for daydreaming and perhaps planning.

There is the

Europe - Way of St James / Camino de Santiago CNIG Overview Map​

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

Last year on my camino I was a bit annoyed when someone back home told me to enjoy my vacation. I bristled. Why did that word annoy me so much? I was on a pilgrimage! Anyway, I'm about to embark...
I'm looking for the best app to use whilst walking on the Camino. Usually I just rely on my Apple watch but I'm leaving that at home, so need an app use that I can pause at rest stops etc...
Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
Forgive me if already in a thread somewhere, but any search for the above brings up basically every post ever written! Did anyone get to see the premiere? Dying to know what it's like as the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back