• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Salvador

nickymunch

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances April 2018... planning Via de la Plata, Jan 2020
Hi I’ve just completed my first Camino (Frances) and the experience has manifested a beast in me that just wants more... on my travels I met a lovely lady from Spain who told me of a lesser known camino, the Camino Salvador, which goes from León to Oviedo.
I live in the UK and was wondering if there could be any information about this route because when I asked at the pilgrims office in Santiago they had nothing!
Hopefully this forum can shed some light!
Blissfully happy either way
Nicky

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
You can look in the category "Other routes in Spain" and you will find very much information there. I walked the Salvador in August last year. It is not long but very beautiful and mountainous. You can very easily combine it with the Camino Primitivo Oviedo to Santiago. This combination will take about three weeks. Information about the Primitivo YouTube will find in the same category

Nicky just search "Camino San Salvador" on the forum and you will get plenty of info.
Buen Camino
Brandy

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The best guide is one by a man known as “Ender” who documents it. We were lucky enough to meet him on that Way high is beautiful. If you google his name and San Salvador camino you will find. It is available to all and in Wnglish and Espaniol.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
You can look in the category "Other routes in Spain" and you will find very much information there. I walked the Salvador in August last year. It is not long but very beautiful and mountainous. You can very easily combine it with the Camino Primitivo Oviedo to Santiago. This combination will take about three weeks. Information about the Primitivo YouTube will find in the same category
Thank you Antonius x

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The best guide is one by a man known as “Ender” who documents it. We were lucky enough to meet him on that Way high is beautiful. If you google his name and San Salvador camino you will find. It is available to all and in Wnglish and Espaniol.
Thanks a lot Tom :0)

Ender posted a link to his guide on this thread yesterday at 10.22 pm.You obviously
didn' t notice it.It is 3 responses before your last posting.You will find that the link is to the english version of the guide although you will see Ender posted in spanish.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Ender posted a link to his guide on this thread yesterday at 10.22 pm.You obviously
didn' t notice it.It is 3 responses before your last posting.You will find that the link is to the english version of the guide although you will see Ender posted in spanish.
Thanks for the nudge :0)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
FABULOUS route and yes, if you have the time add on the Primitivo. Lots of advice on this forum about both routes and Ender's guide is great. The Salvador is very quiet (well it was last year when I went in Sept). Then you meet a lot more in Oviedo with the Norte crowd as well as people starting in Oviedo. By he way if you get a chance to go in Sept, there's a fabulous week long festival in Oviedo, which is well worth looking into. I was there on the 19th sept last year and it was going on that week.

Thanks for the great information....September 2019 could always be an option....now I’m hooked anything is possible....”Santiago is not the end... it’s the beginning “ (P.C) :0)

I highly recommend it. It was lovely. Oh the views! Did it together with Primitivo. Enders guide is easy to follow and you will be guided over the mountains by the lovely yellow shells.
DSC02500.jpg

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I am planning the San Salvador from Leon, and to follow through onto the Primitivo. This is for October - does anyone have experience of an October Camino along these routes - weather, open/closed Alberques, etc? Any info would be great. Thank you. LLN Keith

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I walked the Salvador/primitivo combo starting in very late September in 2008. Weather was great, there was some snow at higher elevations in the mountains around Tineo but none on the camino. I had absolutely no problem with accommodations. Ten years later, you are likely to find many more peregrinos, but also much more in the way of accommodation. I wouldn't worry about it. Enjoy this camino, which I have seen in summer, spring, and fall -- not yet winter, though!

I walked the Salvador/primitivo combo starting in very late September in 2008. Weather was great, there was some snow at higher elevations in the mountains around Tineo but none on the camino. I had absolutely no problem with accommodations. Ten years later, you are likely to find many more peregrinos, but also much more in the way of accommodation. I wouldn't worry about it. Enjoy this camino, which I have seen in summer, spring, and fall -- not yet winter, though!
Hi peregrina2000 - thanks for that, its reassuring to read of first-hand experience and knowledge. Very encouraging too. I'm sure we will enjoy and savour every part of it. LLN Keith

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back