• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Sanabres November 2022

Br. Diego

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Sanabres - Ourense to Santiago Nov. 4-11
Hello, I am about to start the Camino Sanabres starting from Ourense on November 4th, 2022. I would appreciate any tips and advice from anyone who has done this Camino in November before. Thank you!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
A very good choice, make sure to, if possible , to land in Susana and stay in Albergue Reina Lupa, so as to get a fresh morning entry to Santiago the last 10 kms. It is close to the path and on the main road

1666243268119.png

Ourense is accessible by AVE train from Madrid, if you come from overseas. A pleasant ride in high speed trains, in lieu of taking a plane...by the way

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I've walked this part in November, there's a strong possibility of rain and cold.
And the albergue in Castro Dozon is still closed.
Did you have any specific questions?

I've walked this part in November, there's a strong possibility of rain and cold.
And the albergue in Castro Dozon is still closed.
Did you have any specific questions?
Yeah, I was wondering how much rain to expect. I should probably prepare for the worst huh? What kind of outerwear and footwear would you recommend? How would you rate the difficulty level? How is the quality of signage (yellow arrows)?

A very good choice, make sure to, if possible , to land in Susana and stay in Albergue Reina Lupa, so as to get a fresh morning entry to Santiago the last 10 kms. It is close to the path and on the main road

View attachment 135227
I agree. My husband and I stayed there in one of the private rooms and loved it.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Yeah, I was wondering how much rain to expect. I should probably prepare for the worst huh? What kind of outerwear and footwear would you recommend? How would you rate the difficulty level? How is the quality of signage (yellow arrows)?
Rain is likely, yes. Regarding raingear and shoes, there are many long, detailed discussions on this forum about these subjects, use the search function to find them, at the end of the day these are personal decisions, what's comfortable, convenient for you.

Difficulty level is entirely subjective. I consider this to be an easy few day's walking, another person might find it impossibly difficult. There's an altitude profile here: https://www.viadelaplataguide.net/pages/full-altitude-profile

Waymarkings are fine.

As an afterthought, if you're walking next month it's too late to be buying shoes now. You won't have time to try them out and break them in. You probably already own a pair of shoes which will do fine.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, First time posting but as Google hasn't been helpful I was hoping others here might be able to help with an odd query. I am considering the Via de la Plata from Seville via Sanabres as my...
I am posting daily blog style updates on Facebook that anyone can see and follow: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.8095032397178476&type=3 There are also video format stories visible on...
Hey folks. I started the Mozarabe from Almeria and took time out in Salamanca to do a 3 week Spanish course in USAL. The course was fine. 4 hours a day. For the first week we had an excellent...
Y’all, one week from today I get on the plane to fly to Sevilla. Growing anxiety. I will start El Camino on April 6. I hope to report progress here and continue to look for advice. How does...
Does anybody have any good ideas about secure carparking whilst doing the Vía de la Plata from Sevilla to Merida please?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back