• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino scrapbbok- how did you store, display, house Camino photos etc

YoCo

Time of past OR future Camino
Future: Aug 2018 Frances
Just wondering what interesting and creative ways you have kept your Camino memories. I'm planning to do this soon and would love to hear your ideas, maybe use them 😁.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I kept a blog while I was walking, not long after I got home I was notified that the host was to close and they sent me a download of the contents. I used this to form the basis of a photo book which I then expanded to include more photos and additional text from some firm and Facebook posts I made along the way.
120 pages of 30 x 30.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I often use Polarsteps app.
It makes a fancy book after you finish or you can choose t use it for different purpose.

We opened a Facebook page (The Shalaw Camino - check it out!) but when we got back, I created a photo book for my partner as a Christmas gift, using Shutterfly, a California based company that I always use for vacation pics. It’s a really fabulous way to showcase your pics!! I also did a framed poster for him last year, by a fellow of the name Jay Schwantes (I think that is his last name?!) that shows the Frances route with all of our nightly stops and the stage where we rode bikes across the meseta.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Yeah, I agree! I'm going to print my IG photos and text I wrote out each day. KANVESS prints 3x3 photos, that's the size I want to print, just for the IG photos.

I posted daily on FaceBook. It kept my friends up to date on my progress and when I finished I had a nice journal with pictures for each day.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I forced myself to blog every afternoon on the Camino (for friends and an elderly mom). Grew weary of it but stayed disciplined 'til the end. When I got home I so appreciated having that work that had come out of an hour each day. Upon reentry, the process of sorting through it and adding factual annotations was therapeutic. I laid it out nicely and then took it to be copied. It's 60-70 pages, bound in spiral, and cost a bundle but well worth every cent and sweat of labor. Every year in the Fall I turn one page at a time, remembering that day on my Camino. So so special.

Just wondering what interesting and creative ways you have kept your Camino memories. I'm planning to do this soon and would love to hear your ideas, maybe use them 😁.
Great ideas for photos etc. The 4 of us have pooled our photos using Google. Soon I'll be making a composite photo book for us all. For the wonderful concrete memories: Compestela, credencial, and shell I'll be buying a shadow box to display them for eternity. Pinterest had many to look at.

For those special things I wanted to display without having to dust around, I found a shadow box deep enough that worked. I also have some 4x6 watercolor postcards I bought in Santiago de Compostela from a local artist that I plan on arranging around the shadow box on the wall. Just found the perfect frames this week so still need to put in frames. My son's girlfriend (who came with us) also made us a book of our Camino as a thank-you for having invited her to come along. We so loved our Camino!1542473891529-1002697272.jpg15424734622431201700661.jpg20181117_104344.jpg

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Had plenty and we mean 100's but over the years they have been decreased .
Now in individual A4 document wallets .
Room for wine in cabinets now instead of albums ;)

I did a video presentation (Pinnacle) for my 2016 trip with my adult daughter. And am in the process of doing another, but combining all my France and Spain walks over the last decade. Seems safer out in the cloud for a legacy than in scrapbooks--and allows for narration. I just need to triage enough to tell my story of some 350 nights into a clear 20 minutes.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I now use the FindPenguins app while I am walking, and when I get home I order a hard-copy book. I once tried to make my own, but the fiddling and editing was so time-consuming I gave up. The beauty of the current method is that I simply hit the "order a book" button and two weeks later a beautiful book arrives in the mail.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
What are your favorite restaurants, bars, hotels, inns, etc on the Camino Frances NOT in albergues please? Gracias.
Yes, pardon me. So I've just read this cool article about the closing of the Puerta del Perdón in the Monastery of Santo Toribio for the holy year (and it is a very beautiful peurta for sure). It...
We just returned home from watching our second total solar eclipse here in the U.S. in 7 years. Our next is in 20 years. We have become hooked on the magical, mystical, moving unique experience...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back