• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

"Camino Skies" at the St. Augustine Film Festival Jan 16-19, 2020

Carolyn S.

Time of past OR future Camino
My husband is researching this....
This new film will screened at the St. Augustine Film Festival. Go to www.staugfilmfest.com for more information about the festival.​
CAMINO SKIES
New Zealand - Australia / 2019 / 80 min / Language: English

A story about life, love and loss on the Camino de Santiago, ‘Camino Skies’ is an uplifting film about learning to live with grief. Six adventurers from NZ and Australia embark on the historic 800 kilometer Spanish pilgrimage. In the face of overwhelming odds, the Camino forces the group to defy their age and physical ability as they each come to terms with recent loss. ‘Camino Skies’ is an uplifting story about everyday people doing the extraordinary.
12:15 Sat – C
4:15 Sun – G
TRAILER

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The trailer certainly makes it look interesting. The times you’ve indicated that it’ll be shown relate to which country please?
Is it on cinema release or on some Netflix type arrangement??

This movie was released in Australia a few months ago. I watched it on the big screen in the movie theatre and loved it so much, the familiar scenery, the feelings that anyone has done the Camino have at some stage. And I loved that they actually showed people dealing with their blisters and sore feet. It was real Camino, not sanitised.
I bought and downloaded it so I could watch it again through my Apple TV. Unfortunately the sound quality was not good so do try to see it on the big screen.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hello, Terry here. I am one of the walkers featured along with others including my son-in-law in the movie Camino Skies. I am the older guy with a beard and the (Slighty younger guy) is my son in law😁
I agree with people who say that the film is a very accurate portrayal of the Camino. It first opened in New Zealand some month ago. I was lucky enough to give talks about the movie and the Camino at over twenty theatres throughout New Zealand. as well as radio and television interviews.
The film is completely unscripted and what you see is what you get..
My wife and I will be in San, Fran, from 8 April to 13 April then going to UK and Europe from 14 April to 14 May.
We will be in UK Ireland and doing a bus trip of the highlights of the Camino for about a week.
If anyone would like some info on the film while we are over that way get back to me.
I must warn you that my slant on the Camino has a high spiritual content.
I have a book out very soon on amazon called (God's Cocaine, the Addiction of the Camino)
Should you wish to find out more about what drove me to do three Camino's in less than twenty-two months feel free to google ( Terry Wilson Camino ) it is all there.
Buen Camino God bless.

Hi there Terry Wilson...I have been looking for your book but can't find any thing about it anywhere. Is it published yet.....I think that I read somewhere that you did have it for sale and that now you don't.....very confusing. Cheers Susan....one of the other Walkers in the Documentary.

Y
Hi there Terry Wilson...I have been looking for your book but can't find any thing about it anywhere. Is it published yet.....I think that I read somewhere that you did have it for sale and that now you don't.....very confusing. Cheers Susan....one of the other Walkers in the Documentary.
Yes, the book is on Amazon/kindle for sale but as it was very expensive to get in NZ from amazon so we have decided to publish locally have been getting some wonderful reviews apart from one person that did not even buy the book or bother to read the whole book. Most unprofessional.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.