• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Skies film.

• Thread starter Deleted member 59555
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 59555

Hellow all.
Lissie45 made mention of this film . So I thought I would add some info to this .
The film is about three New Zealanders and three Australians Walking the Camino. We all had grief and issues, to deal with and I feel the film portrays this in a very sensitive manner.
I am one of the people that walked in the film( I am the older chap) and the younger chap ( Mark) is my son in law.
If you search on some of my older posts you will realize why the two of us walked Basically we walked after the death of Maddy my grand daughter mark's daughter.
It is a challenging movie to watch but if you get to see it you will be pleased you did.
The film is being released in Christchurch on Friday still tickets left ( I think) Then released through the country in the next two weeks then after that in Australia for times and dates have a look at Camino skies facebook.
The trailer is on Utube.
Thank you kind regards God bless.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thanks Terry. My friends and I are planning to see this film in the next couple of weeks. For any North Shore Aucklanders, it starts at the Vic Theatre in Devonport on the 11th of July.

Wednesday 10th it's on at Rialto Newmarket with a talk with one of the producers too (too bad I've got opening night of Pride and Prejudice the Musical that night at The Playhouse in Glen Eden! You're all welcome to that too if you like Will be brilliant!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
T
Hellow all.
Lissie45 made mention of this film . So I thought I would add some info to this .
The film is about three New Zealanders and three Australians Walking the Camino. We all had grief and issues, to deal with and I feel the film portrays this in a very sensitive manner.
I am one of the people that walked in the film( I am the older chap) and the younger chap ( Mark) is my son in law.
If you search on some of my older posts you will realize why the two of us walked Basically we walked after the death of Maddy my grand daughter mark's daughter.
It is a challenging movie to watch but if you get to see it you will be pleased you did.
The film is being released in Christchurch on Friday still tickets left ( I think) Then released through the country in the next two weeks then after that in Australia for times and dates have a look at Camino skies facebook.
The trailer is on Utube.
Thanks for the heads up! Any plans for North America release or via Amazon-type services? Would love to see it.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I am so sorry for son-in-law and your unfathomable loss. I wish there was a way I could watch this film. I will check the Facebook page for alternative screening methods. I wish there was a website where "Camino like" films could be seen. I don't now what other types of films could be there but I think you know what I mean. A dear Camino friend from Ireland told me of a documentaries of Irishmen rowing long boats to Spain and recreating the trip that Pilgrims from Ireland took centuries ago.
I hope your Camino was of some solace. Bless you both.

Hellow all.
The trailer is on Utube.

Hi 👋
Loved the trailer - excellent production and such good hearted support for each other .
Would love to watch the film / happy to support it .
There are homes for Camino Films with far less production values on Netflix and Amazon Video - this should join them .
Good Luck / Good Way
Ian@caminoramblings.com

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I stayed at the albergue in Fonfria the same night as all of you and had some really nice conversations with another of the walkers and some of the production crew. Good people all around! And that short experience made me really want to see the film.

From those encounters and watching the trailer, I believe it has captured something very special. I hope I get the opportunity to see for myself. 😊 I'm also in the U.S., so fingers crossed for showings here, or streaming on something.

Wishing all of you every success!!

How brave you all are.....Looks like an extremely reflective movie (80 minutes) beautifully captured by the production team. It's on August 1 st HOTA performing arts centre, Bundall GOLD COAST.
I'm bringing all my friends along so they can get an idea of why I go back every year, having done 3 CF, Ingles C, & Portugese C
from Porto. I also give talks about walking the Caminos to pass on the benefits.
Love

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
We walked the Camino Portugues May 2018. We had a blessed and amazing encounter with Claude Tranchant. We walked one day with her. She is awesome and I feel so lucky I got to meet her!!

Hellow all.
The trailer is on Utube.

I stayed at the albergue in Fonfria the same night as all of you and had some really nice conversations with another of the walkers and some of the production crew. Good people all around! And that short experience made me really want to see the film.

From those encounters and watching the trailer, I believe it has captured something very special. I hope I get the opportunity to see for myself. 😊 I'm also in the U.S., so fingers crossed for showings here, or streaming on something.

Wishing all of you every success!!
I just need to clarify something here please Terry Wison - there are actually only TWO Australians in
this Documentary.....Claude Tranchant a French/Australian woman from Brisbane and, myself, Susan Morris from Perth in Western Australia. The other Four team members are all frm New Zealand. As Terry mentions above, the film opened officially in Christchurch in New Zealand on 5th July and will be screened throughout NZ for the rest of July, it thn has its official opening in Sydney on the 31St July. then at theatres throughout Australia for the month of August. Please see the Official Camino Skies Website and facebook page for full list of Theatres throughout Aust and New Zealand.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
...it thn has its official opening in Sydney on the 31St July. then at theatres throughout Australia for the month of August. Please see the Official Camino Skies Website and facebook page for full list of Theatres throughout Aust and New Zealand.
Well that is disappointing!!! My wife (Aussie) and I (Kiwi) are flying out from Melbourne on July 30th to do Camino Frances. I hope there is somewhere where we can see the film when we get back in mid-September! The trailer looks fantastic!!!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Well that is disappointing!!! My wife (Aussie) and I (Kiwi) are flying out from Melbourne on July 30th to do Camino Frances. I hope there is somewhere where we can see the film when we get back in mid-September! The trailer looks fantastic!!!
Hi Davybhow....the Documentary WILL be coming out on DVD a bit later on in the year. Please check back for Details or check the Camino Skies Website for updates. (Susan....one of the Australian Walkers)

Trailer looks amazing! Please, please PLEASE let us know when we can buy or stream it here in the States.
Please keep your eye out for the Camino Skies Web site.....Details will be posted there and we will update this page when we can. (Susan - one of the Australian Walkers)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Yes, that is correct.

Hi Terry, and hi Susan,
After viewing the very compelling trailer I’m looking forward to seeing the rest! I’m in Oz, so I’ll get a chance soon. Thanks for sharing.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Terry, and hi Susan,
After viewing the very compelling trailer I’m looking forward to seeing the rest! I’m in Oz, so I’ll get a chance soon. Thanks for sharing.
You are more than welcome Mary. (Susan -one of the Australian walkers)

Last edited:
Hi Davybhow....the Documentary WILL be coming out on DVD a bit later on in the year. Please check back for Details or check the Camino Skies Website for updates. (Susan....one of the Australian Walkers)
If someone could update this thread (or post in the Resources section?) an update letting us know once the DVD is available, there is evidence here it will be appreciated. I'm sure the moderators will know the correct way to make the update.

Thanks Terry, seeing it Melbourne on the 4th August. Looking forward to it.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
If someone could update this thread (or post in the Resources section?) an update letting us know once the DVD is available, there is evidence here it will be appreciated. I'm sure the moderators will know the correct way to make the update.
Hi David, I will ask the Film Directors (who are handling the media for this film) to update the group when they have a time-frame for the DVD. or, Overseas Screenings. (Susan - one of the Australian Walkers)

Thanks Terry, seeing it Melbourne on the 4th August. Looking forward to it.
It is wonderful to see the great response to my original post. Also hi Sue one of my walker friends that did the film with us all. Hope you are recovered and fit again. God bless you all:oops::oops::oops:

It is wonderful to see the great response to my original post. Also hi Sue one of my walker friends that did the film with us all. Hope you are recovered and fit again. God bless you all:oops::oops::oops:
Hi Terry....thankyou for the message. My foot is almost healed and my back is 'What it is". Still cannot contemplate a Long walk, but, I WILL get there. Glad to be reading that the film has been such a success. Susanaweee.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hello Davybhoy....the film will be coming out on DVD at some point. We will let you know. Enjoy your Camino. Buen Camino. (Susan - one of the Australian Walkers)

How brave you all are.....Looks like an extremely reflective movie (80 minutes) beautifully captured by the production team. It's on August 1 st HOTA performing arts centre, Bundall GOLD COAST.
I'm bringing all my friends along so they can get an idea of why I go back every year, having done 3 CF, Ingles C, & Portugese C
from Porto. I also give talks about walking the Caminos to pass on the benefits.
Love
Sorry, lo siento, it's on August 7th Wednesday night 6:30pm, @ HOTA arts centre Bundall, Gold Coast....
( not August 1st) Looking forward to the Q&A afterwards too.
Love

Hi Terry, and hi Susan,
Hi Mary, on behalf of myself and the other members of the Team, plus the producers, I hope that you will like the film. Kind Regards (Susan - one of the Australian walkers)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Sorry, lo siento, it's on August 7th Wednesday night 6:30pm, @ HOTA arts centre Bundall, Gold Coast....
( not August 1st) Looking forward to the Q&A afterwards too.
Love
Hi Mike Goldie, on behalf of myself and the rest of the team, plus the producers, we really hope that you like this film which hold a special place in all our hearts.
Kind Regards.... Susan (one of the Australian Walkers)

The film opened today in Perth at Luna Leederville. I found it extremely sad. Without detracting in any way from the grief and hardships of the participants, I have to say that not everyone has such a difficult journey. Not everyone is suffering from the loss of a loved one. Not everyone is in such physical pain. I do bits of the Camino each year and enjoy doing what I can. I love the food, the scenery and the history. Don't let the film put you off!

Looking forward to seeing this in Kerikeri next week before starting our second camino in September.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The film opened today in Perth at Luna Leederville. I found it extremely sad. Without detracting in any way from the grief and hardships of the participants, I have to say that not everyone has such a difficult journey. Not everyone is suffering from the loss of a loved one. Not everyone is in such physical pain. I do bits of the Camino each year and enjoy doing what I can. I love the food, the scenery and the history. Don't let the film put you off!
I agree with some of your words but, this film was not meant to be like all the others, it was and is meant to show the very real struggle which some of us go th to keep on going, through in order to do and achievie something we love doing, especially my own struggle.

In responding to you Margaret, i in no way wish to denigrate anything you have wriritten. Cheers..susanawee

Hi Margaret
I saw Camino Skies last Tuesday here in Adelaide at a special screening which included a Q&A with the film makers. Quite opposite to your experience I found the film quite transformative, it reignited my passion and yearning for the Camino. Yes, the people's stories were sad but there was laughter and joy in their journeys also. Editing video footage can also be skewed to tell a particular story, much like statistics.

When I walked the Francés back in 2015 our companions were a mix of nationalities and emotions, much like any cross section of life. I don't know how this group was chosen but they could well have come together through their shared stories of loss.

I'm glad that you're progressing along the Camino and enjoying the food, scenery and history. We loved this all as well.

Buen Camino for your future journeys!

I have to agree with Margaret above. I saw Camino Skies at New Farm Cinema in Brisbane with my daughter, and had to explain to her that it was not representative of 99% of people I met when walking the Camino Frances. Most are not walking due to extreme life situations like the loss of loved ones. Most don’t find it unbearably difficult. Most dont walk with the ashes of loved ones in their backpacks for throwing into the sea at Finnestere. I’m sure the film was real for those involved, but was not indicative of the Camino I experienced or witnessed. I found it too contrived for cinematic effect, rather than an authentic depiction that the majority could identify with. Sorry but low marks from me

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I have to agree with Margaret above. I saw Camino Skies at New Farm Cinema in Brisbane with my daughter, and had to explain to her that it was not representative of 99% of people I met when walking the Camino Frances. Most are not walking due to extreme life situations like the loss of loved ones. Most don’t find it unbearably difficult. Most dont walk with the ashes of loved ones in their backpacks for throwing into the sea at Finnestere. I’m sure the film was real for those involved, but was not indicative of the Camino I experienced or witnessed. I found it too contrived for cinematic effect, rather than an authentic depiction that the majority could identify with. Sorry but low marks from me
Most people who walk the Camino aren't pushing friends in wheelchairs. I wouldn't give the film "I'll Push You" low marks for that reason. I guess different people have different requirements for what they expect from a movie.

I've come to know of a platform called DemandFilm operating in several countries where members here live. It was mentioned in this forum in Aug/ Sept, because they were hosting a screening of the film 'The Camino Voyage'. They accept requests from the public to host screenings of films that may not be available through normal distribution (not sure of all details). Once a film is 'accepted to be hosted ', a minimum # of tickets (50) must be ordered in advance for the screening to be confirmed; so at that point you just have to get the word out so 50 TICKETS sell. IngridF in this forum mentioned, at that time, that the Canadian Association of Pigrims were monitoring it and to check their Facebook page,.... so perhaps IngridF knows more about how that works, perhaps they / you can request a screening from DemandFilm ... just look for country flags at bottom of their website site page and other links to contact them or request a screening. Camino Skies does look like a film many here, including me, would like to see. By the way the Toronto screening of Camino Voyage was a full house... so despite the logistics to manage with this approach ... it is likely to be successful if you can spread the word.

Link https://ca.demand.film/ [ Canadian site, look for country flags at bottom to find yours].

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back