A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Camino Stamps in Guardia Civil quarters

Camino Badges

Felipe

Veteran Member
The Guardia Civil is implementing places to stamp credenciales in their quarters. They are available in Belorado, Castrojeriz and Burgos; I hope the programme will be extended. Look for the plaque of two watchful guardias, the emblem of the corps, the vieira and the phrase "Seguridad y confianza para el peregrino" (safety and trust for pilgrims).
Info and photo from "Radio Camino de Santiago".

Camino(s) past & future
Lourdes/Burgos/SdeC 77; Frances 12,15,17; Finisterre 17; Lourdes/Aragones 18; Meseta 19.
Anyone know where can I find addesses/directions to these Guardia Civil quarters? I want to get those sellos on my next walk! Brierley is not helpful here....

(I'm a great admirer of the Guardia Civil - which was well represented at the 2018 Lourdes Military Pilgrimage.)

Felipe

Veteran Member
Burgos: Glorieta Logroño, 3; it is in the Camino, as you enter the city, in this never ending avenue, when you reach the roundabout.
The programme has had some time; the recent addition to stamp places is Valcarlos municipality. I suppose it is the (former) border post, as you cross the highroad.
In Castrojeriz is Paseo Puerta del Monte, 8, not far from main square.
In Belorado, Av. de Burgos, 25, it is the highroad, as you leave the town, before the little river.

Last edited:

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
I remember last year in Colmenar Viejo (Camino de Madrid) I waited almost half an hour at GC cuartel for a sello. Chief even phoned someone to ask what to do :D :D :D

OTOH in Arevalo in 2015 (Camino de Levante) GC guys were nicely surprised when I asked for a sello and then we chatted for almost an hour about the route. In Arevalo you also pick up the key to the albergue at Policia Municipal.

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2017
Planning Norte/Primitivo May-June 2019
We got sellos at the Guardia Civil in A Gandara. The officer was very friendly. I suggest that pilgrims approach the local offices.

JLWV

Camino(s) past & future
Levante (2014-2016); Levante to Toledo (2017-2018), to be continued; Fisterra & Muxia (2018);
On camino de Levante:
- Chinchilla, stamp in the moment by officer on duty.
- Alfafar, stamp after explaining what it is and that the camino passes in front of their quater
- Catarroja, stamp of the G.C. Security team of the Palacio de Justicia also after explanation.
In all case very friendly

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 43 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 162 15.3%
  • May

Votes: 261 24.6%