• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Stamps in Guardia Civil quarters

Felipe

Veteran Member
The Guardia Civil is implementing places to stamp credenciales in their quarters. They are available in Belorado, Castrojeriz and Burgos; I hope the programme will be extended. Look for the plaque of two watchful guardias, the emblem of the corps, the vieira and the phrase "Seguridad y confianza para el peregrino" (safety and trust for pilgrims).
Info and photo from "Radio Camino de Santiago".

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Anyone know where can I find addesses/directions to these Guardia Civil quarters? I want to get those sellos on my next walk! Brierley is not helpful here....

(I'm a great admirer of the Guardia Civil - which was well represented at the 2018 Lourdes Military Pilgrimage.)

Burgos: Glorieta Logroño, 3; it is in the Camino, as you enter the city, in this never ending avenue, when you reach the roundabout.
The programme has had some time; the recent addition to stamp places is Valcarlos municipality. I suppose it is the (former) border post, as you cross the highroad.
In Castrojeriz is Paseo Puerta del Monte, 8, not far from main square.
In Belorado, Av. de Burgos, 25, it is the highroad, as you leave the town, before the little river.

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I remember last year in Colmenar Viejo (Camino de Madrid) I waited almost half an hour at GC cuartel for a sello. Chief even phoned someone to ask what to do :D :D :D

OTOH in Arevalo in 2015 (Camino de Levante) GC guys were nicely surprised when I asked for a sello and then we chatted for almost an hour about the route. In Arevalo you also pick up the key to the albergue at Policia Municipal.

We got sellos at the Guardia Civil in A Gandara. The officer was very friendly. I suggest that pilgrims approach the local offices.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
On camino de Levante:
- Chinchilla, stamp in the moment by officer on duty.
- Alfafar, stamp after explaining what it is and that the camino passes in front of their quater
- Catarroja, stamp of the G.C. Security team of the Palacio de Justicia also after explanation.
In all case very friendly

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I tried getting a Guardia Civil sello on my way out of Logrono in mid-September. (Can't miss 'em! Big place. Just before you cross over the railroad bridge and start walking the suburban parkway....) The guard at the gate looked at me as though I had lobsters coming out of my ears. He seemed genuinely surprized that anyone would ask for a sello, said lo siento mucho, no sello aqui, and was visibly relieved when I just thanked him politely and moved on....

Didn't try elsewhere.

Last edited:
Burgos: Glorieta Logroño, 3; it is in the Camino, as you enter the city, in this never ending avenue, when you reach the roundabout.
The programme has had some time; the recent addition to stamp places is Valcarlos municipality. I suppose it is the (former) border post, as you cross the highroad.
In Castrojeriz is Paseo Puerta del Monte, 8, not far from main square.
In Belorado, Av. de Burgos, 25, it is the highroad, as you leave the town, before the little river.
I got one in Burgos, but it took a bit of doing (as one says here). It must be the biggest police station in the planet with the fewest actual police persons. I wasn’t in a rush.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I'd like some recommendations about where to find the most current and up to date information about albergues that are actually open. I'm currently walking the camino Frances, and I can't even...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back