• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

camino starting from home

Johnny mp

johnny camino
Time of past OR future Camino
camino de france
hi everybody, at march 26, 2019. i'm go to Santiago again, it is the third time, first walk was from Burgos (500 km) second hike was from SJPDP (800km) and this year i start from my hometown (Houthalen, Belgium) it's roundaboud 2200 km.
i hope to arrive in SJPDP on may 19... the same time wat i start in 2017... so maybe i see one of you here on the camino… o yes , i walk in France the "chemin de Tour via Turonensis" over Paris... buen camino..X

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Johnny mp,

Here in France there is a often a Chain of Local ( donativo ) Hospitality offered for passing pilgrims. See more in French here.
Those who offer such hospitality do so for the pleasure of meeting/greeting pilgrims as well as helping them find their way.

For example my husband and I live in a small Champagne village, facing the Marne river.
We have a b & b but also provide simple family hosting for passing pilgrims. My first pilgrim shell hangs at our door marking the path.

Check to see if such a Chain of Local Hospitality/ l'Accueil pèlerins à domicile exists along your French route. If you will be passing our way and wish to sleep, share a meal or just share a glass of the local bubbles just send me a PM.

Good luck, Bon chemin and Buen camino

hi everybody, at march 26, 2019. i'm go to Santiago again, it is the third time, first walk was from Burgos (500 km) second hike was from SJPDP (800km) and this year i start from my hometown (Houthalen, Belgium) it's roundaboud 2200 km.
i hope to arrive in SJPDP on may 19... the same time wat i start in 2017... so maybe i see one of you here on the camino… o yes , i walk in France the "chemin de Tour via Turonensis" over Paris... buen camino..X
How wonderful! Have a great time.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Veel plezier gewenst ,Peter .

Johnny mp,

Here in France there is a often a Chain of Local ( donativo ) Hospitality offered for passing pilgrims. See more in French here.
Those who offer such hospitality do so for the pleasure of meeting/greeting pilgrims as well as helping them find their way.

For example my husband and I live in a small Champagne village, facing the Marne river.
We have a b & b but also provide simple family hosting for passing pilgrims. My first pilgrim shell hangs at our door marking the path.

Check to see if such a Chain of Local Hospitality/ l'Accueil pèlerins à domicile exists along your French route. If you will be passing our way and wish to sleep, share a meal or just share a glass of the local bubbles just send me a PM.

Good luck, Bon chemin and Buen camino
thx for the tip & the listing, and for inviting me to you'r home, but i walk the "chemin the Tours via turonensis" so i don't pass the champagné way.. thx you for the offer. regards Johnny

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Perhaps walking along the Marne will occur another time. However do check where you will be walking this year for l'Accueil pèlerins à domicile.

Perhaps walking along the Marne will occur another time. However do check where you will be walking this year for l'Accueil pèlerins à domicile.
thank you mspath, i will check for sure this site...

Interesting, this info about the Accueil de Pelerins. I live in France and made my way down the Atlantic coast on my way from home in Brittany to Santiago. Does this accueil exist only on the caminos or off as well?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Interesting, this info about the Accueil de Pelerins. I live in France and made my way down the Atlantic coast on my way from home in Brittany to Santiago. Does this accueil exist only on the caminos or off as well?
Since the Accueil is for pilgrims with a Credential the possiblity of such hospitality generally follows the route of a camino. Often the Accueil can be found via Google for various French régions/départements or camino names

Check out some of these links
http://www.chemin-compostelle.info/liens/liens-hebergement-pelerinage-compostelle.php

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
i guess, just on the camino...

Wonderful!! Buen Camino Pilgrim!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
hello Johnny
That will be an excellent walk. I did a reverse of the Chemin de Tours last fall from Bordeaux to Poitiers as I had some extra time before my flight home. Each department has a list of hebergements along the chemin but the one which was the most interesting/enlightening/unusual was the Auberge Emmaus in Poitiers. Definitely not an ordinary gite, and I would guess not acceptable to many but an insight into how people can work together.
bon chemin

Most read last week in this forum

Hi My name is Saara. I am going on 22nd April and would like to know how to avoid the crowds in the last 5 stages. It seems to be a bit painful for those walking for 4 to 5 weeks to suddenly be...
Hi, First Camino ….and in fact first time on a forum chat! I am going to do a (leisurely!) trail from Porto to Santiago mixing Litoral/Coastal, Central and Spiritual over three weeks ( including 2...
Hello, everyone I am doing the camino de france next spring on a bike. It looks really rocky going down hill from Burguete. Is there a safer rought not going down the rocky path? Should I stay on...
Trying to plan a for beginning of August 2024, just watched The Way and got inspired! Any rate….I have a couple months to prepare. I have found a way known online as “Easy Camino Frances”...
Hi! I'm planning my first Camino in June-July 2025. I'm a married father of 3 looking forward to my first solo hiking trip in 25 years. (Maybe when the kids are older, we'll do the Camino as a...
Hello kind people, I'll be doing my first Camino in May and I'm looking for some advice. We have a tight schedule due to work and we need to leave SDC to reach the airport in time for our flight...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.