• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Status as of June 29th 2020

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thanks so much, Ivar - really helpful information as always

Thank you for this.It's so good to see people on the streets again,as your previous visits seemed very lonely.Watching makes me feel there is hope for my planned Camino in September.I booked a flight back in January,and planned a 16 day walk from Burgos. I do have to admit to a slight concern due to age and being made to feel "guilty" by friends and family re what I may risk "bringing home or even taking with me" should I go.I love the Camino,the Meseta,the wonderful friendly Spanish people,and my fellow Pilgrims.Please God things will be better by September.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Gracias y Tusen Takk @ivar for all you do. Lovely spot where you were sitting in the video and beautiful weather. Since I cannot walk this year Due to Recent foot surgery and COVID-19 restrictions It is nice to have a view on Santiago

Ha det y Buen dia
Stay safe

Thank you for taking the time to make the video! So lovely to see Santiago - and nice seeing people out and about. It will be a wonderful day, when I'm back in Santiago!
All the best to you, Ivar.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thank you Ivar. These little videos are a godsend. I appreciate their everyday nature and the sweep through town with which you begin. In NZ our new normal is freedom of movement for the five million, and quarantine for all arrivals. From tomorrow we can travel to the EU, but there will be quarantine on return; and only travel to the EU if there is a reciprocal travel arrangement. It means that there will be no travel. For now, your kindness is balm for impatient souls.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Gracias y Tusen Takk @ivar for all you do. Lovely spot where you were sitting in the video and beautiful weather. Since I cannot walk this year Due to Recent foot surgery and COVID-19 restrictions It is nice to have a view on Santiago

Ha det y Buen dia
Stay safe
As a fellow Foot Surgeryite in May, I wish you healing and wellness. May all go well with your foot. My left foot is now in week 9 of recovery from its third bout of Surgery so I really hope that yours does not go the same way. Camino Blessings. Thankyou Ivar for another interesting update on the Camino of 'the new Normal' for now. Always enjoy listening to you talk and enjoy watching what is going on in the background. Blessings also.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
As a fellow Foot Surgeryite in May, I wish you healing and wellness. May all go well with your foot. My left foot is now in week 9 of recovery from its third bout of Surgery so I really hope that yours does not go the same way. Camino Blessings. Thankyou Ivar for another interesting update on the Camino of 'the new Normal' for now. Always enjoy listening to you talk and enjoy watching what is going on in the background. Blessings also.
Thank you I wish you well and fast healing. Updates here here In this thread
On my way now to my 2nd follow up after 2nd surgery Blessings to you Too!! 😃

Last edited:

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back