Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camiño Sur or Invierno

Ribeirasacra

Time of past OR future Camino
the highway
Living in Galicia and near the Camino Invierno I ma taking some interest it is development as an alternative route to the main Camino Frances.
I hope that some of you will find this “new” will appeal to you.
I have to say the one item lacking along this route are the albergues.
However from time to time I see article about the proposed publicity in one of our local newspapers.
Here is the latest link.
http://www.lavozdegalicia.es/lemos/2009/04/08/0003_7641346.htm
Although normally the newspaper is written in Castelaño some times it is written in Gallego. This article is one of them. However you can see a rough translation form Galician via Google these days. It is not perfect I have to admit.
http://www.google.es/language_tools?hl=en&lr=&output=search
Basically the article is stating that they are intending to do some more publicity on the route plus publish guides in several languages. Now all they need to do is build some accommodation!

Ian

PS I hope this is in the correct area of the Forum.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
There are great hikes throughout Europe and the rest of the world, but it is the albergues that make a pilgrimage even as much as it is a destination like the bones of St. James. Alternative routing appears in Raju, Jacobsweg, and Brierley almost exclusively because of an albergue. Justifications on "authenticity" are rarely persuasive because most of the authentic route is now paved in macadam.

If local government wants to tap the tourist trade using the concept of a pilgrimage, it is going to have to step forward with infrastructure, including albergues, that will attract 20-km-per-day walkers.

That said, I hope politely, good luck in offering new vistas to pilgrims. They will welcome them if there is a place to stay!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back