• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino themed Buffs! Lots of different ones!

nidarosa

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Enjoying the camino since 2009
I realise I might be the last person in the forum to find these but I thought I'd share, especially as the forum buffs are sold out I believe*. I searched Amazon and found credencial stamp ones, muted shell ones, map ones, cartoon ones ... all camino themed. Have a look at them here. The top one has more options if you click on it. I feel a purchase coming on!

*Edit: There is a post here for those who would like the forum buff. As I understand it they need 50 pre-orders for the next batch to be printed. Keep an eye on that thread to find out how many there are at the moment.

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I bought a buff with credencials at the airport in Barcelona one month ago ;)

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Last March when we were in Santiago the sports shop just off Praza Galicia near bar El Derby had lots of different camino themed buffs, there were so many I could not resist buying a new one.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
@ricitosdeplata : I think they are one size only if you are talking about the width of the tube. They are definitely not infinity ones (more's the pity). I got myself and my husband one each (read: I get two and if I feel charitable/bad for being selfish I will let him borrow one) and was not asked to pick a size.

@nidarosa, Buffs on their website do come in large. I have a large circumference head and although I love Buffs, I can't wear them on my head very long without getting a headache. Their great as a neck warmer.

@nidarosa, Buffs on their website do come in large. I have a large circumference head and although I love Buffs, I can't wear them on my head very long without getting a headache. Their great as a neck warmer.

For me its not so much to keep the neck warm, more to keep the sun from burning me neck. I also use these for cycling.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
@ricitosdeplata : Sorry I can't help, I don't think these do unless stated. But since they are authentic Buffs, surely you could get the same ones off their website? Or if you don't find them, contact Customer Services and ask?

I use Buffs for just about everything - my merino one goes on in the morning when it's cool (I tend to walk in September or March/April) until I get warm, or I can use it as a hat or just pull it up high or down low over my face against the cold. My normal one is a headband, hair dryer (I have long hair and pull it over my wet hair to stop it dripping everywhere), neck cooler when dipped in cold water, neck warmer when it's windy, I have an Infinity one that can do duty as a colourful scarf, en route hand towel, shield my head and neck from the sun (I can't stand hats) etc.

I'm not telling anyone how many I've got but you never know when you lose one so it's only sensible to have a few spare ... surely?

@ricitosdeplata : Sorry I can't help, I don't think these do unless stated. But since they are authentic Buffs, surely you could get the same ones off their website? Or if you don't find them, contact Customer Services and ask?

I use Buffs for just about everything - my merino one goes on in the morning when it's cool (I tend to walk in September or March/April) until I get warm, or I can use it as a hat or just pull it up high or down low over my face against the cold. My normal one is a headband, hair dryer (I have long hair and pull it over my wet hair to stop it dripping everywhere), neck cooler when dipped in cold water, neck warmer when it's windy, I have an Infinity one that can do duty as a colourful scarf, en route hand towel, shield my head and neck from the sun (I can't stand hats) etc.

I'm not telling anyone how many I've got but you never know when you lose one so it's only sensible to have a few spare ... surely?

Are they in the same league as shoes and handbags?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
you never know when you lose one
I took my buff off when I warmed up one morning, and didn't secure it properly. About 2 hours later I realize it was missing.I was very disappointed, but had a good idea how far back it was and that was TOO far to re-walk. I asked a couple of pilgrims if they'd seen it but no luck. I kept walking, spending all my time thinking about how I could replace it. Then along came another group to ask. One young woman just smiled and turned around. There was my precious merino buff hanging on her pack. Now I am more careful when I remove it. But I'm not quite ready to take a spare with me!

@C clearly : I have a habit of wrapping the merino buff around my wrist when I take it off, and then make sure I put it in my pack at the first stop. Since they are so light, a carabiner on a chest or shoulder strap would be a good place to put them between uses!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I realise I might be the last person in the forum to find these but I thought I'd share, especially as the forum buffs are sold out I believe*. I searched Amazon and found credencial stamp ones, muted shell ones, map ones, cartoon ones ... all camino themed. Have a look at them here. The top one has more options if you click on it. I feel a purchase coming on!

*Edit: There is a post here for those who would like the forum buff. As I understand it they need 50 pre-orders for the next batch to be printed. Keep an eye on that thread to find out how many there are at the moment.
Does anybody know how these can be ordered in U.S.? I've tried to find them but have been unsuccessful so far.

Wwww.buffwear.com

I find them to be smaller tham the merino I have. They hardly stay on the head due to the smaller size, they pull back.

Mine have arrived and I have tried them both on. I have lots of hair but it seems to stay on my head for now. I mainly use them around my neck or pull it over my hair after the shower, and not as a head band, so I can't really comment on the sizing there. I can tell you that the credencial patterned Buff is a bit beiger than it looks on the website though ...

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

I’m leaving soon for CP and again attempted to use what’s app without success. I was trying to call a hotel in Spain, it just rings but nothing else. A few years ago I tried using in within Spain...
I realize every ounce matters when carrying backpack and not shipping luggage ahead. However, I know that the Spaniards are big into meat and potatoes, and not so much produce. I am thinking of...
Hola, I gearing up to start my 1st CdS and have seen people recommended sleeping bag liners to protect against bed bugs. Do these help or is it a myth? Should I add the extra weight of bringing one?
I’ve been stressing about charging my devices, so just want to make sure. I have this 4port Powered USB hub which I’m connecting to an adapter to fit European (at least Spain, since I know it...
Michael @wisepilgrim had mentioned a new feature that he was developing for Wise Pilgrim, and it looks like it is now in operation. You can check the app and see in real time how many beds are...
Well…… about $400 usd in socks and liners later and about 160 miles. I live in California near the Sierra mountains so we have some good trails and heat- I wanted to find my perfect combination...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.