• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Camino these days?

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

AML

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances Sept 2013
Norte/Primitivo May/June 2014
Vasco del Interior/ Burgos - Leon/Del Salvador/Primitivo May/June 2015
Ourense - Santiago Sept 2015
Camino Ingles Sept 2015
Porto-SDC Sept/Oct 2016
What is the current situation on the Camino's albergues, bars, restaurants in relation to covid.
Is it possible for someone unvaxxed to enter?
I have had covid in September and recovered in 2 weeks, now natural immunity and feeling great.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
You probably need to have a letter or certificate from your physician that shows you have recovered. Some albergues in Galicia are requiring vaccine proof, negative test, or recovery certificate to stay there. My husband had a pilgrim in September that had walked all the way from Poland. He had started before he could get vaccinated in his country and this was a problem for him in France--especially in France. Other pilgrims would bring him food, etc.

Is it possible for someone unvaxxed to enter? I have had covid in September and recovered in 2 weeks, now natural immunity and feeling great.
Good to hear that you are recovered and feeling well.

Your avatar says that you from Ireland. You will have to prove recovery by showing your EU Digital Covid Certificate - in the first place to be allowed to fly from Ireland to Spain, and in second place for access to albergues and restaurants in case there are local or regional restrictions. Do you have an EU DCC? Your illness must have been confirmed by a PCR test at the time; other tests and self-diagnosis are of no use. Do you plan to travel now or next year?

Good to hear that you are recovered and feeling well.

Your avatar says that you from Ireland. You will have to prove recovery by showing your EU Digital Covid Certificate - in the first place to be allowed to fly from Ireland to Spain, and in second place for access to albergues and restaurants in case there are local or regional restrictions. Do you have an EU DCC? Your illness must have been confirmed by a PCR test at the time; other tests and self-diagnosis are of no use. Do you plan to travel now or next year?
No i don't have a EU DCC nor do i have a smartphone or similar. I didn't have a PCR when i was ill, but all symptoms suggested covid,
Planning to go early spring

@AML if you are planning to travel next spring then that will be the time to ask your question. At present it is unlikely you’d be allowed to board a flight let alone get past Spanish boarder control without officially recognized proof of vaccination or proof of prior infection.
But then, unless you consciously ignore all government advice and all media reports, you’re aware of this already which makes me wonder why you’ve bothered to ask

Certainly if you are able to get vaccinated between now and your Camino, that would be an option so you will have proof when asked to enter the country. I don't know the rules in your country, however, in the US they allow people who have recovered to take the vaccine.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
No i don't have a EU DCC nor do i have a smartphone or similar. I didn't have a PCR when i was ill, but all symptoms suggested covid,
Planning to go early spring
Self diagnosed COVID and not being vaccinated does not seem like the best approach for travelling anywhere at the moment, in my view.

I didn't have a PCR when i was ill
Then you are regarded as a non-vaccinated person, and entry and access rules, if any, for non-vaccinated persons will apply for you. Even if you had a proper EU recovery certificate (paper or digital, you don't need a smartphone to carry it with you) it would be only valid for 6 months, ie until March for someone who was ill in September. Nobody knows at this time what conditions and rules will be like in spring 2022 when you plan to travel to Spain.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
And self-assuming immunity....
👣 🌏
better than any experimental jab, which is proven not to stop you catching the virus or spreading it to others!

But it greatly reduces these factors, as well as reducing the risk of death and severe illness - ie becoming a burden on your host nation's already stretched health system - if you should catch it. The rules are there for a reason.
The rules are there to control people and if people keep complying it will never end and only get worse!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
@AML when the time comes for you to travel I guess you will need to check the Covid rules of your destination country and see if you fall within them.

In the meantime, it’s probably not useful to debate the right or wrong, or pros and cons of being vaccinated. My guess is that anyone who thinks it’s not worthwhile being vaccinated for the sake of their own health or, probably more relevantly, the health of others is not going to be convinced otherwise by any comments here. And vice versa.

@AML when the time comes for you to travel I guess you will need to check the Covid rules of your destination country and see if you fall within them.

In the meantime, it’s probably not useful to debate the right or wrong, or pros and cons of being vaccinated. My guess is that anyone who thinks it’s not worthwhile being vaccinated for the sake of their own health or, probably more relevantly, the health of others is not going to be convinced otherwise by any comments here. And vice versa.
Amen. Thank you Jenny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.