• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino to Pistoia

JabbaPapa

"True Pilgrim"
Time of past OR future Camino
100 characters or fewer : see signature details
I was not previously aware of this, but it is possible to do a Camino (not a Francigena) to Pistoia in Italy, as there is an old tradition that the Cathedral in Pistoia opens its Holy Door in Jacobean Holy Years, with an attendant Plenary Indulgence and etc.

Así es la ciudad italiana que comparte Año Xacobeo con Santiago a la que acuden miles de peregrinos - Iglesia Española - COPE

Pistoia – Anno Iacobeo 2021 (pistoiaiacobeo.it)

This tradition has been ongoing since 1145, and the Holy Door of the Basilica was opened on 9th January :

EqVrHTAU8BA4wOH

It will be closed again on December 27th.

The local Cammino is from Florence to Pistoia along the Via Cassia : Il cammino di San Jacopo – Pistoia – Anno Iacobeo 2021 (pistoiaiacobeo.it) ... so just a one or two day local pilgrimage.

Though it occurs to me that Pistoia could be a good Italian starting point for a longer Camino to Santiago, with a choice between a variety of routes through France, leading to either the Le Puy or Arles Ways.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
@JabbaPapa, are those who are not nationals of Italy, France or Spain permitted to enter those three countries at present?

If you say yes, please provide the evidence so I can present it for my country to let me exit here and enter there.

I wish you good health.

From Pistoia's web site I note the pilgrimage, the Way of S Jacopo, "touches the municipalities of Florence, Sesto Fiorentino, Calenzano, Prato, Montemurlo, Montale, Pistoia, Serravalle Pistoiese, Pieve a Nievole, Monsummano Terme, Montecatini Terme, Massa and Cozzile, Buggiano, Uzzano, Pescia, Capannori and Lucca and is currently undergoing certification by the Tuscany Region."

@JabbaPapa, do you have more information, for my planning purposes, of the route to be followed?

Kia ora

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
From Pistoia's web site I note the pilgrimage, the Way of S Jacopo, "touches the municipalities of Florence, Sesto Fiorentino, Calenzano, Prato, Montemurlo, Montale, Pistoia, Serravalle Pistoiese, Pieve a Nievole, Monsummano Terme, Montecatini Terme, Massa and Cozzile, Buggiano, Uzzano, Pescia, Capannori and Lucca and is currently undergoing certification by the Tuscany Region."

@JabbaPapa, do you have more information, for my planning purposes, of the route to be followed?

Kia ora
Buongiorno @AlwynWellington
...here's a little something to help with planning: Il Cammino di San Jacopo in Toscana

Ciao!
Lovingkindness

Most read last week in this forum

The official Via Francigena site has published a list of free walks ** happening in 2024. If you happen to be passing through you might want to take part - or avoid that section that day. (**...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.