• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

📹 Camino Update from Santiago

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Ivar, thank you for posting your videos. It is great to see and hear the sounds of Santiago as we wait our turn to travel back to Spain.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thanks Ivar! it is really the same kind of weather again in my north Finistere here in Brittany!
walking the Portuguese camino is still on my mind .. But now i have my daughter coming back from UK ( didnt see her since a year now!) France until now hasnt retaliate ...and may be she can move around freely!
And my son coming back from USA in September !
As soon as i feel the spell again i hope i can go!
Take care !

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thanks for the update Ivar - I appreciated your positive and realistic approach to COVID-19. It enforced in my that each of us carries the responsibility of staying safe. The bagpipes bought back lots of memories.
Kia kaha (stay strong)

Pilgrim numbers are higher than I expected Ivar. Infection rates are high too. I hope fires are out now. And hopefully no losses. Keeping a close eye on things there so thanks muchly for your video updates. Keeps us in the frame.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thanks, Ivar. I always enjoy seeing pics of Santiago and familiar parts of Spain.
Summer has arrived in Seattle after quite a bit of rain through June and July, and since we are mostly "weather wimps" up here in the PNW of the US, we are already complaining and wanting the heat to go away and the cool (wet) weather to return. We have an unlimited capacity to complain about the weather. :>)
It was good to hear that you have rain in Santiago as I've been worried about the fires in the N of Portugal and other forested areas along Spanish camino routes. Good to hear the bagpipes and see all the construction/rehabilitation on the Cathedral. Looking forward to the days when we can walk again, safely. Cheers.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
oh.....the bagpipes....the tunnel. I walked from SJPP IN 2017 and from Le Puy en Velay to Santiago 2019. On my second time, when I first heard the bagpipes I ran down to the tunnel and onto the Cathedral plaza, fell over and wept. No, I am not r religious....I was so overcome by the majesty of the moment.

thanks for the video and your statuses!
I can't find any further info about Camino in these days nowhere on the internet. I've read some news article though. It says that covid situation is quite bad in Galicia and I am afraid if I can enjoy my first camino despite of measurements, or I should wait till next summer.
What are plans with albergues - do they stay opened for another 3-4 weeks?
Are there many pilgrims on the Portugese way?
What about Spain-Portugal border, is there any lockdown plan?
Thanks for help, or is there any good source of these informations?

is there any good source of these informations?
There is a channel on youtube that is just like Ivar's, that's an Australian guy who lives (I think) on the border of Galicia and Portugal and does daily updates on the situation there, including a lot of info from daily press, Those videos are just 10-15 mins posted every day, here's a sample:

And here is the link to all his daily updates: Spain Speaks

I hope Ivar doesn't mind posting this in his thread but I think both channels have a lot in common (keeping us updated)🐢
Otherwise please feel free to kick me out from this thread 😉

Last edited by a moderator:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thanks Ivar. It is great to see and hear news from Santiago each week. Good to hear you had a nice family visit in Santander. The photographs you shared from the Cantabria coast are really dramatic and quite a pull for us! My husband Tim is super interested in doing Camino del Norte at some stage after meeting friends who had loved it on the Via Podiensis last year. He plans to 'retire' to new chapters of life next year and of course the Camino is looming large in those scenarios.

Thank you Ivar for all the thoughtfulness in doing these videos. It’s magical walking with you to the Plaza.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

We have arrived in San Sebastián today to start our small journey on the Camino Norte and we are just so excited. We managed to get sometime with Aussie friends of ours that we met on the Camino...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back