• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Vadiniense Compostela

kiwihiker2

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances (2016), Primitivo (2017), Portuguese (Apr 2019)
Could someone please tell me if you can obtain a compostela in Leon after walking the Camino Vadiniense? and if you can where I can get it? Thanks

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Could someone please tell me if you can obtain a compostela in Leon after walking the Camino Vadiniense? and if you can where I can get it? Thanks
Hi, Kiwihiker2,

Welcome to the forum. The only place you can get a compostela is at the Pilgrims Office in Santiago, and the only way you can qualify for one is to walk at least 100 km into Santiago.

But the compostela has its imitators. I know that you can get a “Salvadorana” in the cathedral in Oviedo if you walk the Salvador from León to Oviedo, and there are two certificates for the getting on the routes from Santiago to Muxia and Fisterra, but I have not heard of any special certificate for those who complete the Vadiniense.

Buen camino — with or without a certificate, the Vadiniense has some truly beautiful moments and some great mountain stretches, with a lot of asphalt walking thrown in for good measure.

Hi Kiwi
Completing the first part of that trail from San Vicente de La Barquera to the monastery of Santo Toribio de Liebana can get you a Lebaniega, certificate of completion of the Camino Lebaniego. We got ours this year after completing that walk in 4 days. The monastery asks for 1 euro donation to issue the certificate.

I don't know if there is one for completong the rest of that Camino. But the region is splendid and worth the walking!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi everybody! What do you think about my plan to the next summer, in 26 days? Is it a good plan? Camino Vadiniense: San Vicente de la Barquera - Cades Cades - Cicera Cicera - Potes Potes -...
Interesting article on the Camino Lebaniego where Cantabria are receiving 1.4m euros towards the Camino. Seems it is part of a Euro 64m project across Spain, France and Portugal. Edit due to more...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back