• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Vadiniense the opposite way?

ranthr

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
C Frances 2005, 2007
Le Puy en Velay -SdC 2009
Via de la Plata 2011
gr 653 from Oloron to Puente la Reina 2012
Gr65 from le Puy to Figeac 2013
Irun to Santander 2013
Porto to SdC 2014
Astorga to SdC 2015
Did any of you walk the other way and end up in Potes?
Since my aim is Picos and Funte De, starting from Madrid it would be easier walking the opposite route starting in Mansilla.

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I've never walked it, but I've driven most of it several times. I think it would be pretty tough following the waymarks up there. I wouldn't do it.

Having walked it north-south, I do not know if the marking is sufficient to make it easy south-north at several points. Perhaps with a GPS??

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
I’m planning on going from Mansilla de las Mulas to Cistierna, and then on to Bonar, arrving May 12 in Bonar. Meeting a friend and then we’ll take the Olvidado to Ponferrada and the Invierno into Santiago. GPS on the GAIA app makes it look pretty straightforward. Several people have recorded their routes on this app.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi everybody! What do you think about my plan to the next summer, in 26 days? Is it a good plan? Camino Vadiniense: San Vicente de la Barquera - Cades Cades - Cicera Cicera - Potes Potes -...
Interesting article on the Camino Lebaniego where Cantabria are receiving 1.4m euros towards the Camino. Seems it is part of a Euro 64m project across Spain, France and Portugal. Edit due to more...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back