• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Vadiniense vs Ruta del Besaya

sjdaotearoa

Time of past OR future Camino
Primitivo (2018)
Camino del Norte (2023)
Hola peregrinos

I'm interested to know if anyone has walked one or both of these routes recently and is happy to share their thoughts/experiences? I am browsing through the threads for both routes but some of the stuff is quite old/pre covid. Since having to cancel our Norte trip in 2020, I've been looking again at the Norte route but am really keen to do the San Salvador as well. The modified 2022 or 2023 version is looking something like.... start the Norte in Irun; break south west for the Besaya or Vadiniense and go through to Leon; Salvador to Oviedo then back north to pick up the Norte again. I've done the Primitivo already so probably won't go that path again but who knows. Gracias, Sara

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Sara,

First: can't help you. Sorry.

Second: I'm looking at similar options as you. I've done the Frances and the Norte. Now looking at Vadiniense - San Salvador - Primitivo. Should you come accross something interesting: would you be so kind to share it with me? I'll do likewise.

Happy planning!

Hi Sara and André,

I've done Lebaniego plus Vadiniense last september. In Vadiniense I was alone all time from Espinama to Mansilla de las Mulas. Sometimes the marks are far one to next , so is usefull a GPS device whit the espcific track. Often there are no bars or restaurants, so you have to carry all your meal and water. In same ends of stage there no albergues but there are pensiones or hostales.
In other hand you may see wild animals, you'll arrive to 1800m high when you climb Picos de Europa, you'll walk on a roman road two thousand year old, you can visit a mozarabe monastery, you can eat cocido, you'll walk near a brave river.
I aplogize for my English but if you have a especial question I will try to answer you.

Ultreia!

Attachments

• 20210926_114912.jpg
    20210926_114912.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back