Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean

LIVE from the Camino Camino Vasco del Interior Easter Week 2012

anniethenurse

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Camino Frances.Vasco del Interior.Camino Finisterre& Muxia. Camino Portugues. Ruta del Ebro.
Now this is it. At least I am booked and in-checked on my flights to Madrid and San Sebastian but who knows what happens today because of the general strike in Spain today. So tonight Irun and start walking the Vasco del Interior tomorrow. The weather forecast promises sun- shine and 14- 19 °C. More later!
annie

2022 Camino Guides
The 2022 Camino guides will be coming out little by little, most of them by the end of 2021. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Fine art photography from the Camino Ways.

peregrina2000

Staff member
Buen camino, Annie. Looks like you and Joe have found more excitement at the start of your camino than you had planned. Hope you both make it safe and sound to Irun, and I'm really looking forward to hearing all about this camino. Keep in touch! Buen camino, Laurie

Josefine

Past OR future Camino
Francés Primitivo Aragonés/Francés, Portugues Fisterra/Muxia Norte San Salvador Via Gebennesis
Hope to hear from you soon Annie.

Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
John Brierley 2022 Camino Guide
The most selling Camino Guide is shipping November 1st. Get your today and start planning.

anniethenurse

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Camino Frances.Vasco del Interior.Camino Finisterre& Muxia. Camino Portugues. Ruta del Ebro.
Hi all!
I got to Irun yesterday as planned and now I am outside of the City Hall waiting for Joe. He had to spend last night in Barcelona.
The weather is great and is going to be so all next week.
I walked over to France for breakfast this morning.
Now the adventure can start.
I walked to the albergue and they are cleaning it today and it will open soon. The hospitaleras gave me a map and info on the Vasco.
Annie

mspath

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
Annie,

It seems that you are good to go! I have always enjoyed reading your earlier postings and look forward to those from your new adventures on the Camino Vasco. Hope the good weather lasts.

Bon Voyage and Buen Camino !

Margaret

anniethenurse

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
I am in Santo Domingo now.

Camino Vasco has been very different from the Frances in a very magnificient way. And the Vasco is hilly (Joe says there will always be a another hill!!!!) So true. There is some road walking (can be avoided by taking an alternative route) and mostly paths, country roads, walking through vinyards in La Rioja. The most beautiful section is from Salinillas de Burandon to Brinas - amazing views.

The weather differs from hot summer to heavy rain and hail, thunderstorm. Muddy roads sometimes. Hat and gloves, gore-tex boots and Altus rain coat are my best friends. I have walked 195 km in 8 days - it has not been easy always.

I have seen some processions - small ones in little villages.

Joe is one day behind me in Haro right now. We climbed the San Adrian Tunnel together in rain, wind, mountain mist and got lost - we took a wrong way down to a completely different direction than we were supposed to and walked to Arazazu and Onati (more than 30 km) where we took bus to Vitoria. I continued walking from Vitoria but Joe took another bus back to Salvatierra and started walking one day behind me. San Adrian was the hardest part - in my opinion as hard than from Saint Jean to Roncesvalles - in rain, wind mountain mist with no views at all.

More later about accomodation possibilities - and Joe has kept excellent notes on the walking conditions.

buen camino!

annie

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances