• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Via de la Plata: 30 Day Journal - May/June 2019

Daniel Beaumont

Walked the VDLP, Frances, Portuguese and Norte.
Time of past OR future Camino
Hello

This time last year I was getting ready to walk my 4th Camino - the Via de la Plata - starting May.

I spent 30 days walking 1,000km from Seville to Muxia.

I journalled every-day about my experiences, learnings, feelings and the people I met. I’ve now compiled each of those entries into one article with a summary and picture from each day of the journey.

Feel free to take a read if you are interested in walking the Via de la Plata - perhaps it’s a much needed journey to embark on once Covid-19 has passed.

From all my travel experiences, the spirit of the Camino is something that has yet to be matched. I am certain that the future holds a 5th Camino.

Buen Camino!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hello

This time last year I was getting ready to walk my 4th Camino - the Via de la Plata - starting May.

I journalled every-day about my experiences, learnings, feelings and the people I met. I’ve now compiled each of those entries into one article with a summary and picture from each day of the journey.

Feel free to take a read if you are interested in walking the Via de la Plata - perhaps it’s a much needed journey to embark on once Covid-19 has passed.

From all my travel experiences, the spirit of the Camino is something that has yet to be matched. I am certain that the future holds a 5th Camino.

Buen Camino!

I say,

That's a well structured and informative blog! Pictures! I will certainly check it out later! If I haven't drowned in my current workload.

VdPl was my 4th Camino as well…!

/BP

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi Daniel, we should have been starting the vdlp on 1st may.........I look forward very much to reading about your travels completed at the same time of year. Last year we walked from canterbury to rome and i am currently stalled in putting together words and pics of our walk so i hope to be inspired to get my act together by your article, so thanks!

Please share! :D
Thanks for the encouragement. I was thinking of collating my daily emails to my kids (sent while away) into some kind of book but have lost motivation and besides, a) I cant imagine a publisher being interested
b) I wonder if it isnt just some vanity project and
c) I always thought I would like to be a writer but who am I kidding.
Also, if I cant get to it during lockdown when I have all the time I need I cant see it happening!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thanks Daniel. I was following your Insta posts last year but they seemed to end half way on the Via. I'll look forward to completing your journey through the journal!

I finished it earlier today, wow to be your age again, looking at your daily kms, I can only wish.....

Very inspirational, I enjoyed it very much.

Thank you for sharing it with us 🚶👍

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hello

Buen Camino!

Thanks Dan for posting this. I'm just over half way to Santiago on the VdlP - having a long pause for obvious reasons. I've started reading the journal. It's great. Looking forward to refreshing in my mind what I've done so far as I read. Thanks again for the work put in.

Hello

Buen Camino!

Hi Dan, it seems the link is no longer working. Is there another way to read your journal?

Best,
GJ

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I am looking for my next Camino and like the look of this one starting in Seville. I am a solitary individual and comfortable with my own company. My last one was the camino Madrid which was...
I am posting daily blog style updates on Facebook that anyone can see and follow: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.8095032397178476&type=3 There are also video format stories visible on...
Hey folks. I started the Mozarabe from Almeria and took time out in Salamanca to do a 3 week Spanish course in USAL. The course was fine. 4 hours a day. For the first week we had an excellent...
Y’all, one week from today I get on the plane to fly to Sevilla. Growing anxiety. I will start El Camino on April 6. I hope to report progress here and continue to look for advice. How does...
Hello, First time posting but as Google hasn't been helpful I was hoping others here might be able to help with an odd query. I am considering the Via de la Plata from Seville via Sanabres as my...
Does anybody have any good ideas about secure carparking whilst doing the Vía de la Plata from Sevilla to Merida please?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back