• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

camino way that starts south of lisbon...?

mayaga

Time of past OR future Camino
camino frances 2010
Hello!
planning to start walk camino portugues in 10 days from now, and have a few questions...
1, is it common to walk from lisbon to porto through fatima? are there any difficulties with that...?
2, are there any acomudation issues on the way or is it all populated with albergues?
3, I would like to start a bit south from lisbon in order to explore the country a little bit more... do you know of any recommended ways...?
4, is there a path walking from sevile to lisbon...? that could be a very nice combination as well...

I really like nature and challanging walks, so if you have any recommends about routes i should pick on the way i would love to hear about that:)

thank you very much!!!!
bom camino
maya

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
3. Last week I walked Rota Vincentina (most The Fishermen's trail) in South ir Portugal. Magical!!! I walked froms cape of sant Vincente to Sines. I wanted to walk to Lisbon, but there are any cheap (<20€) accomodation between Sines and Lisbon... So I took a bus to Lisbon and after a few days I will start Camino portugues;)

There are hostels in the towns on the stages of the Fisherman's Trail. That part of Portugal is popular in the warmer months so it would be better to pre-book your hostels before you go. This website lists the stages. http://en.rotavicentina.com/fishermens.html

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Having had a wonderful time walking the Portuguese coastal route last year , my wife and I fell in love with Portugal and decided to do the central route in reverse this year ending up in Fatima.

Obviously there is lots of info on this route, and we could walk to Tomar then cut across but there is a direct route from Rabacal. I am struggling to find any info about this, can any of you wonderful people make any recommendations about accomodation after Rabacal, are there albergues, is there an albergue in Fatima itself ?

thanks in advance

Having had a wonderful time walking the Portuguese coastal route last year , my wife and I fell in love with Portugal and decided to do the central route in reverse this year ending up in Fatima.

Obviously there is lots of info on this route, and we could walk to Tomar then cut across but there is a direct route from Rabacal. I am struggling to find any info about this, can any of you wonderful people make any recommendations about accomodation after Rabacal, are there albergues, is there an albergue in Fatima itself ?

thanks in advance

Here all information about o caminho para Fátima in english

On the map I see a road ,sometimes with dirtpaths from Rabaçal to Fátima. About 60 kms . But do not know the area others than I walked to Rabaçal on the waymarked path .(Rabaçal is famous about a Roman excavation and its cheese.
Try it ! Nearby the roundabout entering the village (for you obviously the opposite way leaving the village and nearby the albergue is a kind of small bar where they serve an excellent cheeseplate.
I would advise to follow -if you meet them -pilgrims to Fátima -you most of the time recognize them for their yellow safetyvests , a light daypack and sneakers or light sportschoes. They take the shortest way so do'nt be surprised they walk on the hardshoulder of a motor way. (I do not like that by the way. Evry years pilgrims to Fátima are killed in the traffic)

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Bom dia dear pilgrims, I plan on returning to Portugal this summer, after walking the Salvador + Primitivo. I have a few questions: - What is the easiest way to get from SdC to Coimbra? I assume...
My final question since I have asked sooo many. Grabbing a light lunch that I can get on the go, hoping to grab it, and find a square or a bench to enjoy it, then get back to walking. Not really...
Hello everyone! My wife and I are doing our first Camino in Sept and I was very curious about the stretch from Tui to Pontevedra. We have been to Spain multiple times and love the small towns...
Dear all, I have done Camino Frances, Norte and Primitivo and would like to ask about Portuges. I have some soul-searching to do and would love to walk a part of it, unfortunately only a part...
We arrived in Lisbon yesterday, 48 hrs (by choice via Singapore, Milan and Madrid) after leaving home from regional South Australia. Train to Porto tomorrow hitting the pilgram path on Saturday to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back