Search 62305 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camino with a bike trailer

Jolanta

Time of past OR future Camino
(Camino Portuguese 2014)
(Camino del Norte 2015 and 2016
Camino Primitivo 2015)
Camino Lebaniego and Vadiniense 2017
Hi,
i am planning a camino from my two years old kid with a bike trailer from Tomar to Porto.
we have already completed our camino from Porto to Santiago ( coastal ) in April this year.
That one was pretty easy along a coast ( except form some parts in Galicia). Now I am worried about some section from Tomar to Porto. Is there anybody who can tell me where I can expect difficulties? Narrow paths or very hilly or many stones on the road? In that cases I would think about some alternatives. Thank you

How to Successfully Prepare for Your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

Slowninja

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Portuguese 2019 and 2022
Hi,
i am planning a camino from my two years old kid with a bike trailer from Tomar to Porto.
we have already completed our camino from Porto to Santiago ( coastal ) in April this year.
That one was pretty easy along a coast ( except form some parts in Galicia). Now I am worried about some section from Tomar to Porto. Is there anybody who can tell me where I can expect difficulties? Narrow paths or very hilly or many stones on the road? In that cases I would think about some alternatives. Thank you
Hi coming out of Tomar along the river route (the waymarked route) may be problematic for a trailer. After the river, there are some steep climbs on gravel/unmade paths. After that, the roads are pretty good but steep in places.

Most read last week in this forum

We've made a spur of the moment decision to walk from Porto on the central route in the first week of October. Anyone walking at the moment? How busy is it and how is accommodation holding up...
Hi, I'm starting on Sunday October 2nd from Lisbon. Flying in from Dublin, Ireland. Just wondering if there are any others starting then as I'm travelling on my own and would appreciate some...
Hallo, I lost my airpods on my camino Portugues between Porto and Santiago. Thought they were in my luggage but now at home and know I lost them. Somebody maybe found them? Thanks! Sita 🌷

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2022 Camino Guides