• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

CaminoDebrita's Part V: Walking to Los Arcos

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Cool one Deb. Talking of destroyed feet.... I remember mine just before getting to Santiago. Looked like I had leprosy... it was that bad. Blisters, broken skin ... bleeding toes.... you name it. But I cried with joy looking at my feet. Came back this morning from a weekend in Prague. The Shrine of the Infant Jesus of Prague is something you ought to see. Will be in Santiago for Easter.... if God wills. I got my ticket booked :) and will do a bit of walking after Easter. Buen Camino :) p.s. One of my fav songs too ... running on empty. Very apt here

Caesar: thanks for you sweet note! My feet were not that bad, to be honest, in terms of blisters and etc.

What happened for me was that I got really sick in Zubiri, and had a hard time shaking it. The day I was walking to Los Arcos, I had not been drinking enough fluid, and knew it. About halfway through my way, my feet got incredibly swollen, which was giving me a lot of pain. The sacrifice--walking in Crocs is not that easy! It feels like one is wearing erasers, and the erasers are kind of disappearing with each step. I was mostly dreadfully hot, dehydrated--and knew it--and still coughing. It was not my best day, but I DID get through it. Slowly, Slowly, Slowy.....I got through it!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Part V of your camino journey is wonderful Deb! I agree with purplesage that you've made another top musical choice in Jackson Browne's "Running on Empty". Can you believe that this song was written in 1977? It sounds every bit as good now as it did then and it's one of those genius songs that stands the test of time.
One of my favourite lines from 'Six Ways to Santiago' was from Annie, who absolutely exhausted and in a lot of pain from her knees. She said "A bad day on the Camino is a good day for the soul" ... I thought of that fantastic line when I watched your video.
'Looking forward to Part VI!
Cheers - Jenny

Part V of your camino journey is wonderful Deb! I agree with purplesage that you've made another top musical choice in Jackson Browne's "Running on Empty". Can you believe that this song was written in 1977? It sounds every bit as good now as it did then and it's one of those genius songs that stands the test of time.
One of my favourite lines from 'Six Ways to Santiago' was from Annie, who absolutely exhausted and in a lot of pain from her knees. She said "A bad day on the Camino is a good day for the soul" ... I thought of that fantastic line when I watched your video.
Cheers - Jenny

I loved your note, Jenny!

In re-reading this note, I have had to edit it bc it was all messed up---tired today, and not sure what happened. As I said, graduated in '77 and have always loved Jackson Brown.

Last edited:
I loved your note, Jenny! I graduated from high school in 1977, and absolutely loved Jackson Brown. I remember seeing to Baker Street, and remember where I was when I was singing to it…

I remember seeing to Baker Street, and remember where I was when I was singing to it… Running on empty was the best choice for the way this particular day was going!
Cheers Deb! Gosh I'm loving your videos! They have me smiling and me humming your great songs all day!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Cheers - Jenny
Beautiful note Jenny. Be blessed!! Buen Camino :)

Beautiful note Jenny. Be blessed!! Buen Camino :)
Cheers purplesage and thank you! I've really been enjoying Deb's videos ... I can't wait until Deb gets to places on the Camino that are close to my heart ... particularly Rabanal (sigh!).
Thanks again for taking the trouble to write -
Take joy in every step -
Jenny

Cheers purplesage and thank you! I've really been enjoying Deb's videos ... I can't wait until Deb gets to places on the Camino that are close to my heart ... particularly Rabanal (sigh!).
Thanks again for taking the trouble to write -
Take joy in every step -
Jenny
Cheers Jenny. I can relate to how you must feel. The Camino awaits you :). Buen Camino, Sister

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

We have arrived in San Sebastián today to start our small journey on the Camino Norte and we are just so excited. We managed to get sometime with Aussie friends of ours that we met on the Camino...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back