A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Caminos in Asturias and Navarra: Google Earth files

Peter Robins

Veteran Member
Donating Member
I've discovered that the regional government for both Asturias and Navarra have detailed mapfiles of their caminos available for download. The latter covers both the route from Roncesvalles and the Somport route from the Aragon border. The former covers what they call the Camino Costero (both the main route via Gijon and the variant to Oviedo), and the Camino Interior, i.e. the route north from Leon to Oviedo and then the Camino Primitivo to the regional border. I've split all these into the different routes and set them up with Google Maps at http://petersmaps.googlepages.com/google_caminos.html
Note that these are large detailed files and may take a while to load.

The file for Asturias is a Google Earth file (kml), so you can download it yourself if you want to view it in Google Earth. That for Navarra is an ESRI shapefile which I've converted to kml.

Advertisment

Peter Robins

Veteran Member
Donating Member
As Google are getting rid of googlepages, I've now moved this to my own website. Now also overlaid on IGN maps, and I've included the Camino Frances in La Rioja. I also fixed the datum shift problem with the converted data being 100m too far east. There's an overview map of currently available routes at http://maps.peterrobins.co.uk/e/

Those are the 'official' routes provided by the regional governments. I will also gradually add other Google Earth files set up by individuals and orgs.

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 24 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 85 15.8%
  • May

Votes: 142 26.3%
  • June