• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • Hi Please note that the posts below are created automatically when a new Resource is created in the Camino Resource section. Users can only make replies to the topics below, not create new threads.

Buen Camino!
    Ivar

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Caminoteca - A shop for pilgrims in Pamplona

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francés June 2013
Good news for pilgrims

We opened our Camino shop in Pamplona (called Caminoteca) especially dedicated to pilgrims in May 2012.

Our shop is located in the heart of Pamplona /Calle de Curia 15/. It is only 50 m far from the way of Camino itself, very close to the Cathedral of Pamplona and just on the way to albergue Jesús y María, which is the biggest pilgrim's hostel in the town with 114 beds.

Caminoteca is open every day (including sundays & holidays) from 1st March until 30th October
Opening hours: 10.00 am - 20.00 pm

I hope we have everything what a pilgrim needs:
Maps & guidebooks, trekking poles, technical t-shirts, pilgrim's shell, hiking shoes/boots/sandals, ponchos, raincoats, backpack covers, Coolmax hiking socks, small size personal care pruducts, special foot creams, spork, flip-flops, knee/ankle support, sleeping bags/liners, microfibre towels and many more...

See more details at http://www.caminoteca.com, or you can ask me here in this topic.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Good luck with the shop! Pamplona is a great place for pilgrims starting in SJPP or Roncesvalles to reassess their needs after a few days on the trail. Maybe in time you can also take unwanted clothes etc from pilgs and send them to people who need them, but I'm sure you're busy enough at the moment! Buen Camino! :D

Thanks Tyrrek,

You perfectly catched our motivation why we opened Caminoteca just in Pamlona :) . Most of the pilgrims feel themselves well-equipped when they start from SJPdP or Roncesvalles. After two or three stages they realize that something is missing/broken/useless/too heavy. We tried to find light and practical products focused especially for the pilgrims. It is a good idea to collect unwanted clothes, thanks.

See you in Pamplona on your next Camino!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Best of luck with your new venture. I wish you had been there when I passed through Pamplona as I needed a few things and also needed to get rid of a few more. See you next time hopefuly.

Hopefully Altus ponchos will be available in Pamplona, I have decided not to spend a few shopping days when i arrive in Madrid but to catch the overnight bus from the airport to Pamplona an do my shopping there, two main items that I cannot get in Australia is a SIM card and Altus poncho. On previous trips to Pamplona I have found many pilgrim shops but they were more sited to the tourist not a serious backpacker.

Yes, we have Altus and Tatonka (german brand) ponchos on stock permanently. Many shops called Camino shop here and along the way, but they sell mainly souvenirs and not real equipments for pilgrims...

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I was there last June. It's a nice shop but a bit pricey.

It's a nice shop but a bit pricey.
Spain is not the land of discount stores, as is the U.S. The big box chains have not displaced the small business owner, so expect list prices. You get a discount when there is a sale, but not regularly. When price is the only criterion, cheap crap can be found in the "China" stores.

Yes you can get a Spanish SIM card in Australia. Google mobi passport. I am in Spsin at the moment and it works great. Cost $25 plus whatever money you want to prepay. I can call Australia anytime to a landline for 5mins for free. Very happy. Arrived within days of ordering. Sent from near Geelong in Victoria.
Buen Camino!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
lorrainemc said:
Yes you can get a Spanish SIM card in Australia. Google mobi passport. I am in Spsin at the moment and it works great. Cost $25 plus whatever money you want to prepay. I can call Australia anytime to a landline for 5mins for free. Very happy. Arrived within days of ordering. Sent from near Geelong in Victoria.
Buen Camino!

Thank you, what are the internal call costs eg to call ahead to reserve a bed? Does it have data too

Regards

Frank

Spain is not the land of discount stores, as is the U.S. The big box chains have not displaced the small business owner, so expect list prices. You get a discount when there is a sale, but not regularly. When price is the only criterion, cheap crap can be found in the "China" stores.

I wasn't expecting Wal-Mart prices. It was more expensive than its competitor shops, so it's a bit pricey regardless.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
MCVet said:

I wasn't expecting Wal-Mart prices. It was more expensive than its competitor shops, so it's a bit pricey regardless.

Please help me to find those competitor shops in Pamplona, i go there and check the prices. There are some outdoor shops, pharmacies, book stores and souvenir shops but not one is a special pilgrim's shop. Of course we have some professional staff on a higher price level but we ALWAYS keep economy substitutes of them. I know very well that many pilgrim are on a low budget

I did some comparison in prices:
Spork in Caminoteca: 1,95 € - official price in whole Europe: 1,99 €
Most expensive poncho (Capa Montana Unisex Altus Atmosphe) in Caminoteca: 48 € - in Intersport Spain: 46 € (ponchos in Caminoteca: 6,80 - 48,00 €)
Brierley's guide gook in Caminoteca: 24 € (same price everywhere in Spain) - in SJPdP: 30 €
Bandana in Caminoteca: 6 € - other stores: 10-20 €
Long sleeve technical t-shirt in Caminoteca: 18 € - other stores: 20-50 €
Most expensive hiking shoe (Merrell MOAB GTX XCR) in Caminoteca: 118 € - in Intersport Spain: 112 €
(hiking shoes & boots in Caminoteca: 59(!) € - 118 €)
Microfibre towel 39*78 cm in Caminoteca: 11,5 € - other stores: 13,5-25 €
Ankle/knee support in Caminoteca: 3,80-4,50 € - in the Pharmacy just on the corner: 14 €!!!
Universal travel adaptor in Caminoteca: 5,2 € - i found only one other shop in Pamplona which sells this for 35 €!!!
Cheapest trekking stick in Caminoteca: 8,90 - the same in SJPdP: 12,00 € (i'm not sure this price is from last year)

Our prices are not secret, you can find the products on our web site with price, weight (every gramm counts...) and dimensions. It is still half-made but i hope all our products will be uploded within two weeks.

Buen Camino for everyone!

I was in your shop in May with some of my group, and I loved it!
I bought a very nice featherweight long sleeved shirt to protect me from the sun, and it worked great! One of my walkers bought a pair of trekking poles. And I can attest that you carry just about anything a pilgrim would need! It's also in a great location!

Congratulations and Best of Luck!
I know you will be successful!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Anyone know where I can get a pilgrim's shell if I'm starting in Burgos? Thanks!

I got mine from my local seafood store complete with scallop mmmmmmm

Don't worry, there are many souvenir shops in Burgos just next to the Cathedral, you can get the pilgrim's shell in one of them.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I hope there is a very nice stamp for the credencial available.

I am assuming that because this new store is being promoted on this forum that the staff or at least one staff member speaks English?

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
All the staff (my girlfriend Anita and me) speak English in Caminoteca. And Spanish of course:). Anita speaks also German.

GunnarW:
Yes a nice credential stamp is available in the shop and not just for the customers, you can get it without buying anything here.

Wonderfull shop! In july 2012 we stopped by and bought a tube of Eudermin footcream, worked perfect and it was enough for two people to last all the way to Santiago. Good luck!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Deleted by author

The OP is aware of the forums policy regarding promoting commercial enterprises and although one post (giving price comparisons) may have been close to the mark he has not in my and more importantly Ivar's opinion stepped outside these rules. As long as this is the only thread relating to the shop the OP is allowed to answer questions as they are posted.

If anyone has a problem with this please take it up with the moderators or Ivar.

Deleted by author

The store looks great, István. Congratulations and best of luck!

Istvan_Pamplona said:
Yes, we have Altus and Tatonka (german brand) ponchos on stock permanently....

The weather has been unforeseen over the past few months, I am concerned that when I arrive my essential Camino item wet weather gear ( only available in Spain ) may be sold out ? and I don't want to wait till the next big city before i can buy what I consider an essential item, do you do Internet pre-sales for pickup?

If you choose to contact me through PM please include an email address as I can receive but not send PM

Regards frank

sound good, I will make a brake in your shop and buy something (not sure what) but everytime is something missing in equipment.

I will be in Pamplona on June 18 and I'm hoping to pick up an altus poncho size S/M. Do you have the old model and the new lighter model? What is the cost? Should I order ahead so I know there will be one there for me?
Thanks It sounds like you have a well-stocked store. I love the idea of a clothing exchange.

Yes we have Altus ponchos on stock during the whole year. The professional one costs 48 €. This is the old model (245 grams), i hope we can get the new model within 2-3 weeks (no price yet). As we've got it, i will write you a PM.

It is nice to know you provide a sello even to those who do not buy.

Have you thought of having a box from a local Pamplona based charity where a donotivo could be given by pilgrims? Some of the open, but unattended, churches have such a box beside the sello and I always donate.

As my next Camino takes me through Pamplona I hope to walk through your front door, but with 10 pilgrimages behind me I doubt if you will have much that I need. (Already suspecting this will come back to bite me).

But it would be nice to say hello.

Thank you William and Ivar for allowing this thread to continue.

Re: Caminoteca - A shop for pilgrims in Pamplona - Altus poncho

dabroocks said:
Great! I am 1m73cm tall. What size would you recommend? I would like the poncho to cover my knees. It looks like I may need l/xl.
Also, Barrabes website lists the weight as 430 gm for the S/M size Poncho Atmospheric . Altus Poncho Atmospheric Light is 240 gm for S/M. Maybe you have the light version?

http://www.barrabes.com/tienda/product.asp?pf_id=36253

Altus introduced a new model of Atmospheric poncho from spring 2013. We have just received the new model in Caminoteca today (earlier, than we expected). So i've got some hot information for you:)
The new model is also called Atmospheric, the style is the same, but there are some differences.
- Old model was availavle in blue and black colors, the new one is available in lime and orange.
- Old model was available in XS/S, S/M and L/LX sizes. The new model is available in S, M, L. I've got the information from our distributor, that XL is not exist. I will ask Altus directly.
- Weight: Old model S/M: 240 g, L/XL: 380 g New model: M: 310 g, L: 340 g. I weighted 10 minutes ago, weight includes the bag:)
- Price: new model is cheaper (44 € vs 48 €)
- It seems that the new model is a little bit shorter than the old one (see picture attached)
- I feel some difference in the quality of the material, i prefer the new one, it feels more "silky" for me.

I tryed the L size of the new model, i'm 183 cm tall, so you can calculate how long it will be for you.

Attachments

• Altus Atmospheric new vs old.jpg
    Altus Atmospheric new vs old.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 3,370
  • Altus Atmospheric tried on.JPG
    Altus Atmospheric tried on.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 3,379
methodist.pilgrim.98 said:
It is nice to know you provide a sello even to those who do not buy.

Have you thought of having a box from a local Pamplona based charity where a donotivo could be given by pilgrims? Some of the open, but unattended, churches have such a box beside the sello and I always donate.

As my next Camino takes me through Pamplona I hope to walk through your front door, but with 10 pilgrimages behind me I doubt if you will have much that I need. (Already suspecting this will come back to bite me).

But it would be nice to say hello.

Thank you William and Ivar for allowing this thread to continue.

We are open for charity activity, i gonna check the possibilities here in Pamplona. You will be wellcome in Caminoteca whenever you come to Pamplona.

Thank you Istvan! Great photo aids. It looks like a large would come to my knees since I'm 10cm shorter. The new model looks a little shorter in back. Does it still cover a 50liter back pack?
I like the green color. I hope you have a good supply in stock when I come through in June.
Deb

dabroocks said:
Thank you Istvan! Great photo aids. It looks like a large would come to my knees since I'm 10cm shorter. The new model looks a little shorter in back. Does it still cover a 50liter back pack?
I like the green color. I hope you have a good supply in stock when I come through in June.
Deb

Yes it seems that size L Altus poncho should fit you perfectly and cover your backpack too. I asked Altus today and they informed me that XL size Atmospheric poncho is no produced anymore. See you in June!

I am wondering about bed bug repellent. I believe the one I have heard about is premetherin (sp?). Do you sell anything like that? I am in Canada and there is nothing like that available (allowed), even the pretreated bed sheets are not sold here. Thinking of just picking up a spray at your shop and treating our sheets a few days in to our camino. Looked on your website but didn't see anything like this.

Thanks for your help.

I was in this shop yesterday 19th April. Very friendly staff both male and female. Very well laid out with servicio. Toilets. I bought The Brierley guide and new tips for my walking pole. I also got one of those pouches that go around your waist for holding necessary bit and bobs. Easy to find as well as it near the Camino walk way.

Terrri said:
I am wondering about bed bug repellent. I believe the one I have heard about is premetherin (sp?). Do you sell anything like that? I am in Canada and there is nothing like that available (allowed), even the pretreated bed sheets are not sold here. Thinking of just picking up a spray at your shop and treating our sheets a few days in to our camino. Looked on your website but didn't see anything like this.

Thanks for your help.

Sorry, we don't have bug repellent in Caminoteca now. But this is why i'm here in the forum, to see what pillgrims really need. I gonna look for a good bug repellent for the shop, as i got it i will inform you.

Is there clear signage to the store from the pilgrimage route?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
It is not easy to place a commercial sign in the old city center of Pamplona. We are waiting for the licence for the sign from the local authority. I attach a map of the old city center with the location of Caminoteca.

Attachments

• flyer back sm.jpg
    flyer back sm.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 2,722
I'm 158 cm. Do you think that the Altus would be long enough to cover me completely, if I wear a pair of knee-high gaiters? I'm trying to figure out if I need rainpants, or if the altus + the gaiters will cover me up.

If I were to go for a large (so that it's longer), is it easy to roll up the sleeves, or is the material too bulky?

Thanks!
S

Thanks for getting back to me about the bed bug spray.

Just a quick comment on the Altus. I have purchased two of them; The first one was the light rain series and the second one wis a heavier one. I am currently on the Le Puy route where it is sunny and hot in Condom. But earlier on the Aumont Aubrac plateau we had snow (10 or 12 cm) and then rain. Wefound our Altus to be a good wind breaker that kept us warm, with wool underneath, in the snow but it in no way lasts through a day of rain. We were drenched after a couple of hours and the rain went right through our fanny packs and our backpacks so even our passports got wet. You can imagine how tucked away they were. My credencial is essentially unreadable. On the ^positive side, for the person who asked about the length - they're nice and long. Rain pants are helpful when it's really cold but other than that gaitors should be fine. I'm 5'5" and have a small/med which id down past my knees.
Buen camino
Cecelia

cecelia said:
Just a quick comment on the Altus. I have purchased two of them; The first one was the light rain series and the second one wis a heavier one. I am currently on the Le Puy route where it is sunny and hot in Condom. But earlier on the Aumont Aubrac plateau we had snow (10 or 12 cm) and then rain. Wefound our Altus to be a good wind breaker that kept us warm, with wool underneath, in the snow but it in no way lasts through a day of rain. We were drenched after a couple of hours and the rain went right through our fanny packs and our backpacks so even our passports got wet. You can imagine how tucked away they were. My credencial is essentially unreadable. On the ^positive side, for the person who asked about the length - they're nice and long. Rain pants are helpful when it's really cold but other than that gaitors should be fine. I'm 5'5" and have a small/med which id down past my knees.
Buen camino
Cecelia

Oh dear! That's disappointing! I was planning on getting an altus after reading all of the comments about how warm and dry it keeps you. Has anyone else had this experience with the altus? I was planning on picking it up when I got on the camino, but I'd hate to not have a back-up if it turns out to not be tough enough.

I'm so sorry what happened with Cecelia, it could be terrible...
Anyway i've never heard about quality complaints since Caminoteca sells Altus ponchos. I am sure that Altus poncho is one of the best. I am really concerned that anybody else has a negative experience of this product, or this is an individual case.

To stelrey: i agree with cecelia, Altus poncho with gaiters will be fine.

The only times I got wet under my Altus was with condensation and perspiration on wet days. The rain did not get through. They are waterproof but not breathable. I kept all my documents and phone in ziplock bags and that worked fine.

We have the Altus atmospheric rain series ponchos ... Tested them out on the Maid-of-the-Mist @ Niagara Falls then walked many rainy days on the Portuguese Camino last spring. They were fabulous ... Kept us and our packs dry and warm.

As I was just packing up my pack for my next Camino (leaving home in an hour or so) I realized I had forgotten my plug adaptor. At least this time I remembered before leaving home! A few years ago I had to buy one in the airport and it was very pricey -- maybe some cheap adaptors would be a good item to stock here.

Good luck with your camino venture! Laurie

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Fantastic shop, perfectly located near the Jesus y Maria albergue, with super friendly and helpful owners. They don't just sell items needed by pilgrims; they truly embrace the spirit of the Camino. And the shop is open during the Spanish siesta hours - a rarity indeed.

peregrina2000 said:
As I was just packing up my pack for my next Camino (leaving home in an hour or so) I realized I had forgotten my plug adaptor. At least this time I remembered before leaving home! A few years ago I had to buy one in the airport and it was very pricey -- maybe some cheap adaptors would be a good item to stock here.

Good luck with your camino venture! Laurie

We have the plug adaptor, that's a really popular product:)

http://caminoteca.com/index.php/virtuem ... etail.html

I'm restarting my Camino in Burgos this year. Is there, please, a shop like yours in Burgos?
All I need is a good, straight, light baston and a decent penknife to replace the one they won't let take on the 'plane.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
peterhore said:
I'm restarting my Camino in Burgos this year. Is there, please, a shop like yours in Burgos?
All I need is a good, straight, light baston and a decent penknife to replace the one they won't let take on the 'plane.

We spent two days in burgos two month ago, but i didn't find there any similar to Caminoteca. Of course ,there are many souvenir shops but they don't sell real pilgrim equipments. The best solution for you to google: "tienda deportes Burgos"(sport shop Burgos), and try to find a shop near to your hotel/hostel/albergue. Good luck, buen camino!

Re: Caminoteca - A shop for pilgrims in Pamplona - SIM cards

New products are available in Caminoteca Pamplona from this week:
- prepaid phonecards for cheap international calls (can be used at any fixed phones)
- SIM cards for mobiles for free calls within Spain (fo example make reservations in Albergues/hotels), and very cheap calls to overseas.
- SIM card and cheap mobile in one package.

Minute prices of our SIM cards can be seen here:
http://www.tarjetalia.es/images/tarifas_mundo.jpg

Great store visited there today to collect an order made by email, when the largest Altus available didn't fit my larger frame the store owner went out of their way to assist me to find an alternate, even when it meant the sale went to a competitor, I appreciated the genuine effort made by them to ensure I had what I needed for starting my Camino tomorrow!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I arrived in Pamplona this past Friday and promptly visited this store. They had good inventory of Altus ponchos in my size, pocket knives, walking poles and other things that are difficult to travel with by airplane and/or acquire outside of Spain.

As a bonus, I met the owners Istvan and his wife, and they are friendly and helpful. It turns out Istvan is starting the Camino from SJPdP today, so many of us will get to know him.

What a wonderful website and resource! Thanks for this treasure trove, Istvan. I look forward to meeting you in Pamplona... in about 2.5 weeks!

Oh, btw, if you stock Hirschtalg that would make a lot of German, Austrian and Swiss pilgrims happy ;-) SY

Oh, btw, if you stock Hirschtalg that would make a lot of German, Austrian and Swiss pilgrims happy ;-) SY

One happy Canadian as well.
I stocked up while in Germany two years ago.
I am running low.
Jean-Marc

What a great idea, and ideally located as well. Just in the right place for people who have been walking a few days to pick up last minute equipment. The prices looked very reasonable to me. Thanks to István for starting this new shop and my best wishes for a successful business.

Congratulations on your new store! I shall look forward to coming by on my next Camino in May 2014. Reading the above, I have a couple of products suggestions. These are all available in pharmacies in Spain, but not in every pharmacy in every town. The products are made in Spain. I have chronic problems with heel calluses and plantar facsiitis. Without exaggeration, they saved my Camino in April - May 2013 when I made the journey from SJPdP to Santiago.

Here are the products, along with a web site where they are currently sold in Spain. You can work out the details of wholesale supply on your end.
This company is headquartered in Huarte - Pamplona, Navaara - they make a range of products, but these are very VERY good:
To protect the "ball" of the foot (ES) http://www.farmaciaenlaweb.com/es/podologia/889-almohadilla-plantar-elastica-farmalastic.html
To protect the heel (talon) of the foot (ES) http://www.farmaciaenlaweb.com/es/podologia/70053-farmalastic-protector-antigrietas-talon.html
This company is headquartered in Barcelona:
A very deep penetrating moisterizer, lasts better than Vaseline: (EN) http://dermatologia.leti.com/en/letixer-q-extremely-dry-skin-areas_1662

I wish you much success in this new business. It is a good and necessary service. I may even bring some items to donate on my next Camino.

Best wishes and Buen Camino,

Tom

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Good news for pilgrims

We opened our Camino shop in Pamplona (called Caminoteca) especially dedicated to pilgrims in May 2012.

Our shop is located in the heart of Pamplona /Calle de Curia 15/. It is only 50 m far from the way of Camino itself, very close to the Cathedral of Pamplona and just on the way to albergue Jesús y María, which is the biggest pilgrim's hostel in the town with 114 beds.

Caminoteca is open every day (including sundays & holidays) from 1st March until 30th October

Maps & guidebooks, trekking poles, technical t-shirts, pilgrim's shell, hiking shoes/boots/sandals, ponchos, raincoats, backpack covers, Coolmax hiking socks, small size personal care pruducts, special foot creams, spork, flip-flops, knee/ankle support, sleeping bags/liners, microfibre towels and many more...

See more details at http://www.caminoteca.com, or you can ask me here in this topic.
Hola,
I had been looking forward to visiting the shop as I passed through Pamplona but unfortunately it was not open when I called at 10.15am on March 18th last, I called again at 10.45am and still not open, could not wait any longer as I was starting my Camino.
Buen Camino.
Slán.
Des:(

Congratulations on your new store! I shall look forward to coming by on my next Camino in May 2014. Reading the above, I have a couple of products suggestions. These are all available in pharmacies in Spain, but not in every pharmacy in every town. The products are made in Spain. I have chronic problems with heel calluses and plantar facsiitis. Without exaggeration, they saved my Camino in April - May 2013 when I made the journey from SJPdP to Santiago.

Here are the products, along with a web site where they are currently sold in Spain. You can work out the details of wholesale supply on your end.
This company is headquartered in Huarte - Pamplona, Navaara - they make a range of products, but these are very VERY good:
To protect the "ball" of the foot (ES) http://www.farmaciaenlaweb.com/es/podologia/889-almohadilla-plantar-elastica-farmalastic.html
To protect the heel (talon) of the foot (ES) http://www.farmaciaenlaweb.com/es/podologia/70053-farmalastic-protector-antigrietas-talon.html
This company is headquartered in Barcelona:
A very deep penetrating moisterizer, lasts better than Vaseline: (EN) http://dermatologia.leti.com/en/letixer-q-extremely-dry-skin-areas_1662

I wish you much success in this new business. It is a good and necessary service. I may even bring some items to donate on my next Camino.

Best wishes and Buen Camino,

Tom
Hola Tom,

Thanks for the useful links, i will get in touch with these suppliers asap:)

Hola,
I had been looking forward to visiting the shop as I passed through Pamplona but unfortunately it was not open when I called at 10.15am on March 18th last, I called again at 10.45am and still not open, could not wait any longer as I was starting my Camino.
Buen Camino.
Slán.
Des:(
Hola,

Meanwhile we changed the opening hours of the shop:
Caminoteca is open in March: from 11.00 AM to 20.00 PM. every day
in April & October: from 10.00 AM to 21.00 PM every day
from May to September: from 10.00 AM to 22.00 PM every day

Sorry for the inconvenience

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Good news for pilgrims

I visited your wonderful shop earlier this year - in May - when I began my pilgrimage from Pamploma. I was able to buy my Altus Poncho plus a few other bits and pieces which I found to be invaluable for the journey..... I intend to come by again when I walk the Camino again next year. Kind regards, Susanawee

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Great shop - centrally situated - friendly, helpful staff - nice selection and reasonable prices. I can recommend it.

I was in your shop in May with some of my group, and I loved it!
I bought a very nice featherweight long sleeved shirt to protect me from the sun, and it worked great! One of my walkers bought a pair of trekking poles. And I can attest that you carry just about anything a pilgrim would need! It's also in a great location!

Congratulations and Best of Luck!
I know you will be successful!
I was the one who bought the trekking poles and I guarded them with my life all the way across Spain. I love them because they have the Camino France route from SJPDP to Santiago and a shell imprinted on them. Every time I use them, I am taken back to the Camino.

I'll be in Pamplona in May and will visit your wonderful shop.

Very happy to hear about your store Istvan and I have just enjoyed browsing your site. I am planning to purchase a poncho and pole when I arrive in Pamplona at end of April to start my Camino. Will look forward to visiting you then.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.