• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camping along el camino in october

kasapovska

Time of past OR future Camino
El camino
Hi friends!
I am planning to walk el camino at the end of september/beginning of october with my dog and yes i have read all the comments saying that it's better to leave the dog at home but thats not really an option for us.
He's a small dog and i plan to carry him when he's tired and i am not in a rush so i think it's doable.

I have not decided on which path i should take, i was drawn to el camino del norte cause it's less crowded but it seems that el camino frances is less crowded in october to.
So my question is which route is easier to find places to camp? Since i know most albergues dont allow dogs. And which route has better climate ( not a whole lot of rain) at this time of the year?
Is it hard to find places to buy food or eat?

Im thankful for any type of advice! :)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
When i walked the Norte in October two years ago the weather generally was pretty consistently good for walking. A few days of rain and some misty,cold starts to the day. I met two people walking with dogs. They both had special little socks for their dogs to wear ( to avoid burning on hot tarmac and chaffing on rocks etc). They both said that the biggest problem by far were some aggressive farm dogs who defend their territory and take no prisoners!
I also met several walkers with tents who found wild camping was difficult due to much of the land adjacent to the path being protected by fence. However they found that if they asked a farmer nicely they were usually given a spot to pitch and often much more hospitality. There are campsites along the Way. Most are still open in October.

Hoy salió esta noticia en la televisión de Asturias. Se trata de una aplicación para móvil del hacer el camino en Asturias y da información sobre alojamientos. No sé quien la ha creado y cómo funciona pero puede que os valga.

Today came the news on television of Asturias. It is a mobile application make the journey in Asturias and gives information on accommodations. I do not know who created it and how it works but I can forgive that.

http://www.rtpa.es/ciencia:Una-apli...go-en-su-ruta-por-Asturias-_111436469440.html

Una aplicación para el móvil guía al peregrino del Camino de Santiago en su ruta por Asturias

Funciona a través de GPS, sin necesidad de Internet

Hoy se ha presentado una aplicación gratuita del Camino de Santiago que permite el acceso a mapas interactivos de las etapas por Asturias, tanto del camino primitivo como de la costa a través de GPS, sin necesidad de Internet.

La aplicación ofrece información y recomendaciones gastronómicas y de alojamiento.

Además, la aplicación facilita que el usuario informe a la Administración de incidencias en el Camino y permite que el peregrino comparta su aventura en redes sociales.

Desde su puesta en marcha, ya se la han descargado 9.000 peregrinos de 20 paises.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, ive been training for my CDN in two weeks time and thought i'd get some UK coastline under my belt (Scarborough to Robin hoods Bay). I have to say i was just not prepared for the amount for...
hello We plan to walk from Irún to San Sebastián first day in Mid May and looking for feedback on how long it takes. Think we are up to it but will be our first day. Thanks for your thoughts and...
Please, am I mad to contemplate the following combo: Norte: Biarritz-Bayonne-Irun-Santander (via Bayonne to get my legs going) Santander - train to Leon San Salvador - Leon to Oviedo Primitivo -...
I walked the Camino Francés in Octobee 2022, from Villafranca del Bierzo to Santiago de Compostela, and loved it. I would like to walk the Camino del Norte as I'm drawn to the coast, culture and...
What is the most beautiful seven day section on the Camino del Norte? I have a good friend who cannot come with me for the entire walk. She is only available for a week. I start from Irun. She...
Hello everyone. I know that pre-booking accommodation has been discussed many, many times, so apologies but I wanted to be quite specific. We are walking from Irún to Bilbao in the first week of...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back