• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camping at refugios on the VdlP?

winewalk

I'm starting the VdlP in Sevilla on 2. April, so one of the most crowded months of a holy year. Tent will be in the backpack, but there don't seem to be a lot of campsites along the road - and most of them are in (near) the big cities. But ... last year on the Via Podiense/GR65, there were numerous auberges where you could camp in the garden and combine the luxery of sleeping out with the pleasure of meeting other pilgrims. Does anyone know if the VdlP also has auberges with tenting facilities?
Nelly

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I don't remember a lot of formal camping facilities along this route but there are a number of albergues with adjacent spots where it would be easy to pitch a tent. I think that hospitaleros will be even more helpful this Holy Year.

Why not "Camp and Go" ?

Loads of opportunity for wild camping along the vdlp, if you are not too fussy about location.

Meeting pilgrims - don't worry you will meet loads along the way. We couldn't get away from them!!
If you are camping they will always be overtaking, as you will be camping very near the track and will have a very different schedule to them.

Lots stop and talk, so you can experience that side of things if you desire.

You can also meet them in pubs, bars, resaurants, bus shelters, everywhere.
Its not just confined to albergues.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thanks Johnny and Johny,

Normally I would camp in the wild regularly, but this time I'm going alone (at least part of the time), and I think I will feel safer near refugios. But you never know where I might end up. If you know any good spots, anywhere on or near the trail, I'd like to hear about it.

Nelly

Most read last week in this forum

My daughter just has a few weeks off so we flew to Portugal to visit my brother in Braga, then he drove us up to Puebla de Sanabria to walk the Camino Sanabres. Tomorrow we start walking, but I...
After Olleros de Tera at one point you will come to a crossing where there are two arrows. One pointing to the road and one pointing straight on into the greenery. If you have the Via de la Plata...
After 16 days of walking (plus another three days to explore Salamanca and Zamora) I've finished my walk on the Vía de la Plata and am now continuing on the Camino Sanabres. If anyone's...
After Requejo, you pass thru a little town, Padornelo and then by a gas station with a bar. You follow N-525 for a short way and then come to a turn off to the right, leading thru Aciberos. There...
After Requejo, you pass thru a little town, Padornelo and then by a gas station with a bar. You follow N-525 for a short way and then come to a turn off to the right, leading to Aciberos. There...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back