• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Can a normal hotelstamp be usted as camino stamp in my camino credencial?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
It will. I’ve got signatures, doodles and the label from a tin of anchovies (La Pez de Lorenzo in Burgos) on mine. All passed muster in Santiago.

You’ll find that just about any business of any description in Spain has a stamp that they use for invoices and receipts; whilst many on the Camino route (especially the Frances) will have something more decorative.

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I have stamps from campsites, self-drawn pictures when there was no stamp available, pictures drawn by hosts and things written by private hosts that took me in.

A hotel stamp will be fine :)

Buen Camino!

Tomorrow evening I will arrive at a hotel and the tourist office will already be closed. On Sunday it will be closed too.
The hotel hasn't a special Csmino stamp. Will another stamp do?

Astrid

Yes, the AC/Marriott in Logrono stamped mine last fall. No problems in the Compestela office....

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Yep. But albergues stamp automatically. With hotels - you often have to ask. But I haven’t been to a hotel along the Camino that didn’t have one.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I have even obtained a sello / stamp from gas stations, winery shops, and once a police station. In Spain, business operators you must issue a receipt even if the computer is down. The manual backup is typically a manual receipt of some sort, with the rubber stamp of the business.

If the business is legally operating, it will have a rubber stamp. I have never been refused.

Hope this helps.

Tom

Like t2andreo states in the post above asking at the local police station can be most helpful.

December 2011 when I arrived at
Caldas de Reis much was closed for siesta; I was pooped and could neither find the tourist office nor an open albergue.

When I entered to ask for help at the local police station they formally stamped my Credential and kindly directed me to a nearby open bar.

11.Dec.2011.jpg

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
My weirdest one is a stamp from a Escape Room business in Pontevedra... They said it was the first time a pilgrim walked in (and escaped out, yay :D), and were really, really happy to be part of someone's journey.

But no, it doesn´t beat the rabbit abbatoir. :p

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Back