• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Can anyone recommend some picture heavy resources of the Camino?

MCVet

Time of past OR future Camino
Walked (2012)
Howdy y'all. I walked the Camino back in 2012. Did the 'traditional' route of SJPP to Santiago then Muxia and Finisterre. Had a *wonderful* time and it was a tremendous experience that has been a positive influence in my life and was just about everything one might want from their Camino.

But there was a giant snag on the way. I took so many pictures that I had to put some on a flash drive, and then that flash drive corrupted at some point along the way. Roughly about 21 days worth (the rest of the trip did survive on another flash drive, thankfully).

I'd tried everything to retrieve any data off that thing but to no avail and after the last attempt the company I sent it to lost it. Which is kinda whatever at this point.

So I was wondering if there were any picture heavy blogs or posts or resources on kind of a day by day blog that someone could direct me to? I found a couple but they all seem to kind of peter out around the first week.

I just want some pictures to save and jog my memory of certain things. Unfortunately the pictures of the people are gone but the locations and scenery should be much the same.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

P.S. Bring lots of backup flash drives/SD cards future peregrinos! Backup your data!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The Forum has a lot of photos. For use beyond completely private, you should probably ask the photographer for permission (such as posting on Facebook).

Howdy y'all. I walked the Camino back in 2012. Did the 'traditional' route of SJPP to Santiago then Muxia and Finisterre. Had a *wonderful* time and it was a tremendous experience that has been a positive influence in my life and was just about everything one might want from their Camino.

But there was a giant snag on the way. I took so many pictures that I had to put some on a flash drive, and then that flash drive corrupted at some point along the way. Roughly about 21 days worth (the rest of the trip did survive on another flash drive, thankfully).

I'd tried everything to retrieve any data off that thing but to no avail and after the last attempt the company I sent it to lost it. Which is kinda whatever at this point.

So I was wondering if there were any picture heavy blogs or posts or resources on kind of a day by day blog that someone could direct me to? I found a couple but they all seem to kind of peter out around the first week.

I just want some pictures to save and jog my memory of certain things. Unfortunately the pictures of the people are gone but the locations and scenery should be much the same.

P.S. Bring lots of backup flash drives/SD cards future peregrinos! Backup your data!
I do many presentations and upload some of the slides to YouTube. I have almost 7,000 photos at this point from my many camino and would be willing to filter through if you're missing a specific place. I can offer broad overviews as well in the presentation videos. I did walk exclusively in Sept/Oct so my photos may be different than your memories if you walked in other months as the scenery is different. You are always welcome to take a peek at my YouTube page under SophieR, or look up Walking With Joy, Camino de Santiago in the search and you'll be directed there.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Google Images

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Is this any good? Day by day, lots photos!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I managed to post about a dozen photos from each day of my recent Camino from SJPP to SdC. I finished a week ago.

I was posting to a Wordpress blog at the address https://walkdontrun.travel.blog. I reduced the photos to 900 px wide before adding them to the blog. That was done using the app Batchresize on an iphone.

If you find any of those useful, I can give you the full size version of them. Or just copy the reduced size photos, not big enough in detail for a full size monitor that’s probably 1920 pixels wide.

Andrew
Back in Australia now

I have a top 100 photos album from the Francés here if that helps:

These are gorgeous images! Looking at them made me even more excited for my own Camino next year. Thank you for sharing.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I'm sorry to hear about your lost photos.

I posted my journals to a blog, same exact route as you. If you review it and see that I mentioned anywhere you remember, or stayed somewhere you recall enjoying, you can PM me and I'll send you any (full size) photos I have of those locations. I may not have a ton that are useful to you as I took a lot of selfies (my Mom told me not to send her any pics that didn't have my face! Ha!). But I have some non-selfie pictures and I'd be happy to send you some. I didn't put every picture in my blog.

Blog here.

Instagram. Just search any camino related term and your get 1,000s. Many are incredibly stunning.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

My wife and I have roughly 500+ photos along the way. Although we did a couple of skips by bus or taxi for some rest days we pretty much have the whole thing documented in photos. I can send 'em to you or add you to my Google Photos album. The whole album also includes photos from Ireland and Scotland after the Camino. Let me know! you can send a PM with your email if you'd like to be added to the album.

Most read last week in this forum

...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back