• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Can anyone translate this sign

ffp13

Addicted pilgrim
Time of past OR future Camino
Completed Caminos: 2009 SJPP, 2011 Roncessvalle , 2012 Pamploma, 2013 Roncessvalle, 2013 Porto, 2014 Burgos, 2014 Porto

Future: Roncessvalle
It was on this building on the Camino

I photographed the sign so that on day I could hopefully find out what this unusual building was/is

Thanks

Frank

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365236649.710181.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365236649.710181.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 1,123
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365236718.456818.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365236718.456818.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 1,112
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Sorry, can't translate it... But my photo of that building has a brick on the left hand side with "NO WC " written on it! Not very romantic.... :? So it's not a toilet....

Thanks, I am now just a little closer to finding out what it is, if I must find out by a process of elimination it will take some time ;)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The structure is known as San Felices Apse and part of a 10th century now destroyed monastery. The new stone marker is in
memory of Count Diego Rodriguez Porcelos, fonder of Burgos and said to buried here. See Millan Bravo Lorenzo, "The Road to Santiago".

Thank you, when I walk past this site again later this year I can pass on this new knowledge

"The City of Burgos for its 1,100 year anniversary, for Count Diego R. Porcelo S.V. who, according to tradition, lies here.
1st March 1984"

That's what in the section of the sign that you photographed.

cheers

Alex

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thank you Alex,

This information amplifies the reason for the "this is not a WC" stone

when I was there there was toilet paper which indicated it had been used by pilgrims as a WC

A multilingual info sign could possibly stop this desecration of what is essentially a crypt?

I just checked out Doug's wiki link, very interesting .

Like the wonderfully graphic one that says " Prohibido defecar " near Ciruena, which I can't upload, as it says the file is too big, still haven't worked out how to upload photos!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
you need to use the Microsoft Paint to reduce either the pixels or the size of the photo.

Double click on the photo.

File menu has an "Open with". Choose paint.

In paint click the resize button.

Start playing till you get to the size that the forum allows. 100KB?

You can either reduce the size of the photo or the pixels. The attached is 40% resize of the original.

Remember to rename any edited photo or you will lose the original!!

Open Post Reply. Underneath the blank white pane is Options/Upload Attachments.

Click on upload attachment and add the photo via the browse button. Then press the add file button.

Check in preview to see if it has uploaded = if it has it will appear in the preview pane.

If it is there click on submit.

Would like to see the photo you mention.

Attachments

• spain177 resized.jpg
    spain177 resized.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 852
Thank you Methodist.pilgrim! Will give it a go... Have a Mac though, so am not sure if that will work....

Here it is :D

Attachments

• don' shit.jpg
    don' shit.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 822
The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
There is a rest area, just before Ciruena, on the way to Santo Domingo, and its there, by a fenced off field . I love it too :)

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
thanks Helen. Know the one you mean. Sadly will not be passing that way again for a long time.

(Unless I get to Logrono ahead of schedule, then might take a bus to Najera, walk to Santo Dom. and bus out. Highyly unlikely given the weather but worth bearing in mind)

Most read last week in this forum

This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.