• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Can I drop off luggage in person in Santiago?

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Can I drop off luggage in person in Santiago?

-- Yes, no problem. The charge if you drop it off in person (usually shorter storage periods) is €2,-/parcel/day (max €25,-).

Please note my opening hours for drop off/pick up. It might be a good idea to send me an e-mail to let me know when you are planning to stop by. If you can provide a date and time even better, this way I will be waiting for you (sometimes during the day I may run out and do short errands, but if I know you will be coming I will stay in).

More here:
http://www.casaivar.com/luggage-storage-in-santiago-de-compostela/

Also know that the post office in Santiago also provide a similar service for those that are in Santiago and would like to store luggage for shorter periods. They have better hours during the week (but closed on Sundays!).

Hope this helps,
Ivar

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hello Ivar,
Thanks for your great forum.
I am arriving in Santiago de Compostela on Sun 25th June (soon!) and would like to drop my suitcases at your luggage storage place on Monday 26th please. I am staying at Hotel San Lorenzo and hoping to get the bus to Sarria that day to join my husband who is already walking from St Jean Pied de Port (he's on the meseta now).
Can you please provide an address for me? I am hoping to be ready to bring the bags by lunchtime but if you give me a time, I will work to that.
The bags are a suitcase (usual dimensions for 20kg weight) and a carry on (wheeled) zip up bag. I will measure if you wish.
Thanks
Christine Ryan
PS Will you email me direct (removed by Ivar) or reply on here?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Ivar,
Thanks for your great forum.
I am arriving in Santiago de Compostela on Sun 25th June (soon!) and would like to drop my suitcases at your luggage storage place on Monday 26th please. I am staying at Hotel San Lorenzo and hoping to get the bus to Sarria that day to join my husband who is already walking from St Jean Pied de Port (he's on the meseta now).
Can you please provide an address for me? I am hoping to be ready to bring the bags by lunchtime but if you give me a time, I will work to that.
The bags are a suitcase (usual dimensions for 20kg weight) and a carry on (wheeled) zip up bag. I will measure if you wish.
Thanks
Christine Ryan
PS Will you email me direct (removed by Ivar) or reply on here?
Will send you an e-mail (and remove your e-mail address above)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.