• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Can I start in Muxia

kessey11

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino del Norte/ camino de la costa (June/July 2016)
I am entering the last few days of my Camino to Santiago and have planned for 2 extra days that I won't need. I would like to walk some of the finisterre Camino; particularly Muxia to Finisterre.
Is it possible to bus from Santiago to Muxia and get a credential in order to walk from Muxia to Finisterre?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
You can just use your existing credencial, no need for a new one, unless you want to. Then pick one up at the pilgrims office. Buen Camino, SY

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
So it is possible to start it in Muxia rather than from Santiago?

Why does it matter? Is there some kind of certificate for walking to Muxia or Finisterre??

You can start whereever you want and don't even need a credencial as most albergues are not reserved for pilgrims and are happy to welcome anyone. To be sure jut visit the Eroski site, it tells you which are open to anyone.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Don't you have to jave walked from Santiago to get the Fisterana & Muxiana? Walking the 30km between the two doesn't get you anything, well, anything but a beautiful walk.
Yes there are certificates issued by both towns if you can show that you walked all the way.

Last edited:
Just walked from muxia to finnesterre.piece of cake. Got my certificate at private alburge for muxia did the coast of morte from malpica to muxia. Now finnesterre on the Camino de Santiago. Enjoy

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I walked from Santiago to Muxia first. It was beautiful and so relaxed. Stayed in Muxia for 3 days, really lovely. Then walked to Finisterre in one day. There were 4 of us and it was glorious. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. I think I came home with like 4 cerificates. It was also the 800 year anniversary of St. Francis so the Franciscan monestary in Santiago was also offering a certificate.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back