• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Can you get a Pilgrim's Passport in Vezelay?

joemaestro88

I'm planning to walk from Vezelay-Santiago, starting in July this year. I just want to find out if it's possible to obtain a Pilgrim's Passport in Vezelay itself, and where? Would this be valid right through France and Spain?

Thanks

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Yes you can.

Have a look at the cathedral website: it tells you where to go to get it. I think I paid 3 euros in 2010. The Friends of the Voie de Vezelay have an office on the main drag. It was closed when i was there.

If you have any French at all, the Chassain guide is a must. The maps are old but perfectly good. You can get it from CSJ.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Waymarking can be pretty poor, so I think you need a guide even if you do not speak French. I used the guide from the Amis et Pelerins de Saint-Jacques de la voie de Vezelay. You need to know the difference between a droite and tout droit (right and straight)!

Thanks falcon269!

I thought the way-marking on the Vezelay route was starting to get better? So it's still pretty rough?

I'm still in planning stages, but do need to decide on a route. What route in France do you think would be easiest for a first-time pilgrim, linking up to St Jean Pied-de-Port to join the Camino Frances?

Thanks!

Some sections are excellent. Some sections are non-existent. It depends on the local amis group!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The maps in the Chassain guide, though old are excellent. If you can read maps, you don't need the words.

In 2010 the waymarking was mostly good except for one section of about 5 days when it was non-existent.

The Chassain route is not the same as the GR route, it is more direct.

You need the guide to tell you where there are shops and accomodation. Not all villages have shops.

Send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you my itinerary.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back