A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Can you guess.....

Kiwi-family

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Past: (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016)
Future (God-willing): Madrid, Salvador, Primitivo (2018)
....what I’m making (apart from a new pair of socks? 1523868823742.jpg 1523868823742.jpg

Advertisment

natefaith

Staff member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Sarria-Santiago (2009)
León-Ponferrada (2014)
Camino Inglés (2017)
At first glance it looked like you had pimientos de Padrón in the back corner, but I'll say scrapbook. :)

Kiwi-family

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Ha - I didn’t even notice the bowl of feijoas (and there are two more buckets under the table so one point to @Fletchonides - gooseberry ham is near enough to feijoa chutney!).
If only they were pimientos @natefaith. Our last two s are ready to be picked - mmm they can go in the chutney so you get a point too.
It’s not in the photo, but plans for this year’s camino blanket are underway - @VNwalking is also on the money.
The camino project in the pic may take a couple of days, but I’ll post another hint tomorrow.

Advertisment

Fletchonides

Camino(s) past & future
SJPdP - Pamplona (2014)
Pamplona - Burgos (2016)
Burgos - Leon (June 2017)
Leon - SdC (June 2018)
You are going to sew blue stars on your blisters?

Kiwi-family

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I've NEVER put caramel in crumble of any sort, but it's not too late to start!
I'll think of you @gerardcarey when I eat it tonight and you think of me when you have your next pasteis de nata. Not being a fan of feijoas, I envy you!
@Fletchonides I don't intend to get blisters;-)
@kirkie there WILL be a map, but I haven't got that far yet.

DirtAmy

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances: Ponferrada - SdC (October 2017)

Frances: Astorga - SdC (Autumn 2018 or Spring 2019)
Is it a camino countdown calendar?

Kanga

Staff member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Francés x 5, Le Puy x 2, Arles, Tours, Norte, Madrid.
My guess is a sewn or quilted map of the caminos you have walked.

VNwalking

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Francés (2014, 2015)
St Olav/Francés (2016)
Baztanés/Francés (2017)
Ingles (July 2018)
Not being a fan of feijoas, I envy you!
Fejoas!!? Yum.
Lucky you, @Kiwi-family. And lucky everyone around you who does like them - more to go around. (The crumble looks lovely, but that's a lot of action. Just give me a pile of fejoas, a small knife, and a spoon. ;))
My guess is a sewn or quilted map of the caminos you have walked.
It's looking that way, isn't it?

Fletchonides

Camino(s) past & future
SJPdP - Pamplona (2014)
Pamplona - Burgos (2016)
Leon - SdC (June 2018)
It could also be a custom-made credencial for your upcoming Camino

Kiwi-family

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
@DirtAmy I have one on my phone:
B29FF141-6E39-4100-A4D3-9DA6003D4BC2.png
@Fletchonides you have hit the jackpot! I’ve still got dates to add to each little box (and the last of the sewing which is all added unnecessary weight but I like it!). It’s made on watercolour paper so I can do a wee sketch of each albergue next to the stamp and throw some paint at it if I want to. It will all fold up into a wee cover.

HedaP

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances starting SJPdP Sept/Oct 2015, April/May 2017
Oh beautiful. Would love to see the finish product before and after your camino.

Fletchonides

Camino(s) past & future
SJPdP - Pamplona (2014)
Pamplona - Burgos (2016)
Leon - SdC (June 2018)
@Fletchonides you have hit the jackpot! I’ve still got dates to add to each little box (and the last of the sewing which is all added unnecessary weight but I like it!). It’s made on watercolour paper so I can do a wee sketch of each albergue next to the stamp and throw some paint at it if I want to. It will all fold up into a wee cover.
Fabulous; that will be such a beautiful memory to create and look back on.

Kiwi-family

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
All done. And there are small “normal” ones for the others who will join me for the San Salvador and Primitivo - featured in the photo with the whole thing laid out.
Incidentally, the photos are from previous caminos. E0174C12-23F9-411C-BCA2-4B79EF2BBA56.jpeg 09D02364-2871-46B2-AEF8-86246C1439AF.jpeg B5A98170-CC53-4386-AA30-7E4FA37714FD.jpeg 27B8588B-D365-406E-BFCD-9E14045592DD.jpeg C0E470AD-CA73-4FD7-A4E1-27C3EA54CE67.jpeg 51A9DCC3-ABDA-489F-8F37-355D1458A281.jpeg F0533F79-ED2C-408B-BB68-045AD95E0E91.jpeg 1A4D042E-C144-4CEF-9B59-5F43043D76A7.jpeg

Attachments

natefaith

Staff member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Sarria-Santiago (2009)
León-Ponferrada (2014)
Camino Inglés (2017)
Amazing!! Good job, and ENJOY using it!

Camino Chris

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015); Camino Norte/Primitivo (2016); Camino Frances (2017); Le Puy (June 2018)
Outstanding! You are so creative and artistic...a one of a kind credential!

HedaP

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances starting SJPdP Sept/Oct 2015, April/May 2017
Oh my goodnes, it is gorgeous!

Anamiri

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances
Just a question. Do you have to also get an official one stamped as well, or as these approved for a Compostella?

Kiwi-family

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Just a question. Do you have to also get an official one stamped as well, or as these approved for a Compostella?
I've always made my own and never had trouble.

Anamiri

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances
Good to know. We are taking our grand-kids next September for a shorter Camino starting at Leon. That would be a fun thing for them to make. Do you make them for the whole family?

Kiwi-family

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Good to know. We are taking our grand-kids next September for a shorter Camino starting at Leon. That would be a fun thing for them to make. Do you make them for the whole family?
Each pilgrim needs to have their own credential if they want admittance to albergues. My kids enjoy getting their stamps - but are not as obsessive as some I've heard of who like to stop at every bar and church and shop..... I guess my kids pour their energies into their journals (and their credentials get tucked in the back for each trip)
I have only made one fancy one for this trip - I'm walking for two plus weeks longer than the rest and so they have the bare bones model!

Anamiri

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances
Each pilgrim needs to have their own credential if they want admittance to albergues. My kids enjoy getting their stamps - but are not as obsessive as some I've heard of who like to stop at every bar and church and shop..... I guess my kids pour their energies into their journals (and their credentials get tucked in the back for each trip)
I have only made one fancy one for this trip - I'm walking for two plus weeks longer than the rest and so they have the bare bones model!
I've always used the official ones from SJPDP, but for next time I have already purchased 4 from Ivar, they look nicer than the French ones, and the wording is in Spanish not French.
The kids are learning Spanish at school, one is in Kerikeri and the other Whangarei, so by the time we leave for Spain they will have nearly 2 years of Spanish tuition. The Camino trip has motivated them to focus on their Spanish lessons. They've seen the new credentials and are excited about the concept of filling them up. I bought a map this time, and it shows all the Caminos, they can see where they'll be walking. They have already looked up all the words printed in the credentials with the help of their teachers, and are excited to be able to understand it.
Your custom-made one is impressive, and such a great memento, you're very talented.
The grand-daughter is more like me, interested in art and photography, so she might be interested to make one for herself, she has the official one as a template, and she's very meticulous and a great reader so she can research each stage. And there is plenty of time. I'm not sure about the grandson, he's more of a rugby sports type, like his grandfather.
What a great idea.

Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
Al the optimist Miscellaneous Topics 16
Kiwi-family Miscellaneous Topics 5
Kiwi-family Miscellaneous Topics 9

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 22 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 76 16.0%
  • May

Votes: 131 27.6%
  • June