• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Can you guess.....

Kiwi-family

{Rachael, the Mama of the family}
Time of past OR future Camino
walking every day for the rest of my life
....what I’m making (apart from a new pair of socks? 1523868823742.jpg1523868823742.jpg

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Ha - I didn’t even notice the bowl of feijoas (and there are two more buckets under the table so one point to @Fletchonides - gooseberry ham is near enough to feijoa chutney!).
If only they were pimientos @natefaith. Our last two s are ready to be picked - mmm they can go in the chutney so you get a point too.
It’s not in the photo, but plans for this year’s camino blanket are underway - @VNwalking is also on the money.
The camino project in the pic may take a couple of days, but I’ll post another hint tomorrow.

You are going to sew blue stars on your blisters?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I've NEVER put caramel in crumble of any sort, but it's not too late to start!
I'll think of you @gerardcarey when I eat it tonight and you think of me when you have your next pasteis de nata. Not being a fan of feijoas, I envy you!
@Fletchonides I don't intend to get blisters;-)
@kirkie there WILL be a map, but I haven't got that far yet.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Not being a fan of feijoas, I envy you!
Fejoas!!? Yum.
Lucky you, @Kiwi-family. And lucky everyone around you who does like them - more to go around. (The crumble looks lovely, but that's a lot of action. Just give me a pile of fejoas, a small knife, and a spoon. ;))
My guess is a sewn or quilted map of the caminos you have walked.
It's looking that way, isn't it?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
It could also be a custom-made credencial for your upcoming Camino

@DirtAmy I have one on my phone:
B29FF141-6E39-4100-A4D3-9DA6003D4BC2.png
@Fletchonides you have hit the jackpot! I’ve still got dates to add to each little box (and the last of the sewing which is all added unnecessary weight but I like it!). It’s made on watercolour paper so I can do a wee sketch of each albergue next to the stamp and throw some paint at it if I want to. It will all fold up into a wee cover.

Oh beautiful. Would love to see the finish product before and after your camino.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
@Fletchonides you have hit the jackpot! I’ve still got dates to add to each little box (and the last of the sewing which is all added unnecessary weight but I like it!). It’s made on watercolour paper so I can do a wee sketch of each albergue next to the stamp and throw some paint at it if I want to. It will all fold up into a wee cover.

Fabulous; that will be such a beautiful memory to create and look back on.

All done. And there are small “normal” ones for the others who will join me for the San Salvador and Primitivo - featured in the photo with the whole thing laid out.
Incidentally, the photos are from previous caminos.E0174C12-23F9-411C-BCA2-4B79EF2BBA56.jpeg09D02364-2871-46B2-AEF8-86246C1439AF.jpegB5A98170-CC53-4386-AA30-7E4FA37714FD.jpeg27B8588B-D365-406E-BFCD-9E14045592DD.jpegC0E470AD-CA73-4FD7-A4E1-27C3EA54CE67.jpeg51A9DCC3-ABDA-489F-8F37-355D1458A281.jpegF0533F79-ED2C-408B-BB68-045AD95E0E91.jpeg1A4D042E-C144-4CEF-9B59-5F43043D76A7.jpeg

Attachments

• A61189B3-31E8-4485-915B-FE28F08CB83C.jpeg
    A61189B3-31E8-4485-915B-FE28F08CB83C.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 9
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Amazingly wonderful.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Oh my goodnes, it is gorgeous!

Just a question. Do you have to also get an official one stamped as well, or as these approved for a Compostella?

Good to know. We are taking our grand-kids next September for a shorter Camino starting at Leon. That would be a fun thing for them to make. Do you make them for the whole family?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Good to know. We are taking our grand-kids next September for a shorter Camino starting at Leon. That would be a fun thing for them to make. Do you make them for the whole family?
Each pilgrim needs to have their own credential if they want admittance to albergues. My kids enjoy getting their stamps - but are not as obsessive as some I've heard of who like to stop at every bar and church and shop..... I guess my kids pour their energies into their journals (and their credentials get tucked in the back for each trip)
I have only made one fancy one for this trip - I'm walking for two plus weeks longer than the rest and so they have the bare bones model!

Each pilgrim needs to have their own credential if they want admittance to albergues. My kids enjoy getting their stamps - but are not as obsessive as some I've heard of who like to stop at every bar and church and shop..... I guess my kids pour their energies into their journals (and their credentials get tucked in the back for each trip)
I have only made one fancy one for this trip - I'm walking for two plus weeks longer than the rest and so they have the bare bones model!

I've always used the official ones from SJPDP, but for next time I have already purchased 4 from Ivar, they look nicer than the French ones, and the wording is in Spanish not French.
The kids are learning Spanish at school, one is in Kerikeri and the other Whangarei, so by the time we leave for Spain they will have nearly 2 years of Spanish tuition. The Camino trip has motivated them to focus on their Spanish lessons. They've seen the new credentials and are excited about the concept of filling them up. I bought a map this time, and it shows all the Caminos, they can see where they'll be walking. They have already looked up all the words printed in the credentials with the help of their teachers, and are excited to be able to understand it.
Your custom-made one is impressive, and such a great memento, you're very talented.
The grand-daughter is more like me, interested in art and photography, so she might be interested to make one for herself, she has the official one as a template, and she's very meticulous and a great reader so she can research each stage. And there is plenty of time. I'm not sure about the grandson, he's more of a rugby sports type, like his grandfather.
What a great idea.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back