A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Can you make a Le Puy route recommendation?

2020 Camino Guides
Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2013) Frances (2014) St. Oswald's Way (2015) Le Puy (2016) Portugues (2018)
Hello, friends,
I'm trying to figure out what to walk and what to skip, toward the end of the Via Podiensis.

I have heard there's a four-day stretch from Aire-sur-l'Adour to Navarrenx that is especially monotonous. I could walk it anyway and continue on to Saint-Jean-Pied-De-Port -- or I could skip that section (assuming I can get a bus or taxi in Aire-sur-l'Adour) and skip ahead to Navarrenx and continue from there through Saint-Jean and end in Pamplona.

Could anyone advise? It's easiest to walk a continuous route, of course, but I missed the stretch from Saint-Jean to Pamplona on an earlier camino, due to snow, and have always wondered what it's like to walk through those mountains. I don't know how tedious the piece after Aire-sur-l'Adour actually is. I welcome your thoughts. Many thanks.

intrepidtraveler

Camino(s) past & future
Caminos Madrid, Frances and Finisterre (2015)
Camino Norte-2017; Camino Ingles from A Coruna - 2017
I walked the LePuy route last year and wouldn't describe any of it as monotonous. But that's one of those very subjective topics. I also continued on from SJPP to Logrono. Aside from the Pyrennes section, the latter doesn't stay in my mind as being particularly more interesting than anything on the LePuy route. The social vibe is somewhat different from SJPP onwards. Waaay more people, especially those who speak English. Whatever you decide, Bon Chemin/Buen Camino.

NorthernLight

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Le Puy to Santiago via the Frances 2012-2013. EPW2015
Aragonese & Frances 2016
Burgos to Muxia 2017
I think you might want to see these answers.

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2013) Frances (2014) St. Oswald's Way (2015) Le Puy (2016) Portugues (2018)
Thank you very much, Intrepidtraveler and NorthernLight.
And sorry for any confusion about posting a similar question in two places. I didn't intend to pose a question in this section for the Geneva-Le Puy route, as it more appropriately belonged in the Le Puy-SJPdP section. I'll eventually get the hang of this!

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 54 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 188 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 309 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 89 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 23 1.9%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.2%
  • September

Votes: 353 28.4%
  • October

Votes: 150 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.4%
  • December

Votes: 6 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock