• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Can you make a Le Puy route recommendation?

rsmith0000

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances (2013) Frances (2014) St. Oswald's Way (2015) Le Puy (2016) Portugues (2018)
Hello, friends,
I'm trying to figure out what to walk and what to skip, toward the end of the Via Podiensis.

I have heard there's a four-day stretch from Aire-sur-l'Adour to Navarrenx that is especially monotonous. I could walk it anyway and continue on to Saint-Jean-Pied-De-Port -- or I could skip that section (assuming I can get a bus or taxi in Aire-sur-l'Adour) and skip ahead to Navarrenx and continue from there through Saint-Jean and end in Pamplona.

Could anyone advise? It's easiest to walk a continuous route, of course, but I missed the stretch from Saint-Jean to Pamplona on an earlier camino, due to snow, and have always wondered what it's like to walk through those mountains. I don't know how tedious the piece after Aire-sur-l'Adour actually is. I welcome your thoughts. Many thanks.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I walked the LePuy route last year and wouldn't describe any of it as monotonous. But that's one of those very subjective topics. I also continued on from SJPP to Logrono. Aside from the Pyrennes section, the latter doesn't stay in my mind as being particularly more interesting than anything on the LePuy route. The social vibe is somewhat different from SJPP onwards. Waaay more people, especially those who speak English. Whatever you decide, Bon Chemin/Buen Camino.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thank you very much, Intrepidtraveler and NorthernLight.
And sorry for any confusion about posting a similar question in two places. I didn't intend to pose a question in this section for the Geneva-Le Puy route, as it more appropriately belonged in the Le Puy-SJPdP section. I'll eventually get the hang of this!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back