Search 62305 Camino Questions

Canadian Credential

Rupe

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino France Aug - Sept 2016
Portugal Sept. 2022
Where can Canadians get Credentials for Portugal (Caminho)?
Would prefer to have them in hand before leaving Canada.
Thanks

Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
D

Deleted member 43985

Hi @Rupe - just contact the CCOP (Canadian Company of Pilgrims) and you can get your credentials through them or if there is a local Chapter in your immediate area you can get one through them. It was $5 if I recall correctly. Buen Camino!

Rupe

Camino France Aug - Sept 2016
Portugal Sept. 2022
Hi @Rupe - just contact the CCOP (Canadian Company of Pilgrims) and you can get your credentials through them or if there is a local Chapter in your immediate area you can get one through them. It was $5 if I recall correctly. Buen Camino!
I was under the impression that the Credential they supply is only good for French way.

D

Deleted member 43985

I was under the impression that the Credential they supply is only good for French way.
No, it's good for any Camino that ends in Santiago de Compostela (or Finisterre/Muxia), makes no difference which you choose. Enjoy! :)

The Way: Through a Field of Stars (audiobook)
A great book to listen to while training for the Camino or to relive the experience!
A

Anemone del Camino

Credenciales are good for any route.

While you can gwt one feom the Canadian association, it will cost you 15$ as have to become a member to get one for 5$. (10$ for membership, 5$ for credencial).

Quebec Association has its own, but it's 18$ to join. Credencial is then included.

You can order one from the Forum, free with the purchase of a guide book.

This store in Montreal sells them for 5$. Don't know if they will ship.
https://centrelatienda.com/

Scary

Plan to walk from Leon to Camino de Santiago in 2017 with a friend.
Where can Canadians get Credentials for Portugal (Caminho)?
Would prefer to have them in hand before leaving Canada.
Thanks
I'm in Canada I ordered one from Ivar himself, it arrived within a couple of weeks.

Letsgocamino

May 2013 Ponferrada to Santiago de Compostela.
Camino Portuguese Porto to SdeC May 31 2017.
I'm in Canada I ordered one from Ivar himself, it arrived within a couple of weeks.
I also ordered two credentials and a bead for my Pandora bracelet from Ivan. I was surprised how quickly I received them. I live in So.Calif. thanks Ivar

auburnfive

The American Company of Pilgrims will also mail a credential to Canada at no charge for mailing or credential, although they gratefully accept donations. It is also very easy to get one at he Cathedral in Porto if that is where you are starting from

Camino Ingles 2016
Camino Portuguese 2017
We walked the Camino Ingles last year and used our Canadian credential that we bought from the Cnd Co of Pilgrims. We will also use one this fall for the Camino Portuguese.

2023 Camino Guides
The 2023 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

...but the days are gorgeous, right about now. Almond trees and magnolias starting to bloom in central Portugal. Daytime temperatures about 13-15 C. Not many peregrinos, but a few hardy souls...
I received an email from the management of the albergue in Alpriate saying it is closed permanently. My tentative plan is to walk to Sacavem or Povoa de Santa Iria then train back to Lisbon or to...
My wife and I are in our early 70s, and want to travel the Central route from Porto to Santiago in May, 2023. Our experience roadwalking on the Frances in 2016 has us trying to avoid that as much...
I did the CF in Sept/Oct 2019. I am doing the Portugues Central at end of March with a friend. She asked me if albergues have heat. I honestly don't remember on the CF, but my question now is...
Leaving Tui on May 18 to O Porrino (9,3 km) Redondela (24 km) Pontevedra (18 km) Caldas de Reis (22 km) Padron (18km) and final destination the cathedral of Santiago de Compostela on May 25 (18...
Hi, will be walking the CP, beginning in mid-April. Does anyone have a favourite hotel between Porto and Santiago? Preferably a hotel that is close to the actual Camino route. Thanks for any info.

How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2023 Camino Guides