• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Canadian Credential

Rupe

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino France Aug - Sept 2016
Portugal Sept. 2022
Where can Canadians get Credentials for Portugal (Caminho)?
Would prefer to have them in hand before leaving Canada.
Thanks

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi @Rupe - just contact the CCOP (Canadian Company of Pilgrims) and you can get your credentials through them or if there is a local Chapter in your immediate area you can get one through them. It was $5 if I recall correctly. Buen Camino!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi @Rupe - just contact the CCOP (Canadian Company of Pilgrims) and you can get your credentials through them or if there is a local Chapter in your immediate area you can get one through them. It was $5 if I recall correctly. Buen Camino!
I was under the impression that the Credential they supply is only good for French way.

I was under the impression that the Credential they supply is only good for French way.
No, it's good for any Camino that ends in Santiago de Compostela (or Finisterre/Muxia), makes no difference which you choose. Enjoy! :)

Credenciales are good for any route.

While you can gwt one feom the Canadian association, it will cost you 15$ as have to become a member to get one for 5$. (10$ for membership, 5$ for credencial).

Quebec Association has its own, but it's 18$ to join. Credencial is then included.

You can order one from the Forum, free with the purchase of a guide book.

This store in Montreal sells them for 5$. Don't know if they will ship.
https://centrelatienda.com/

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Where can Canadians get Credentials for Portugal (Caminho)?
Would prefer to have them in hand before leaving Canada.
Thanks
I'm in Canada I ordered one from Ivar himself, it arrived within a couple of weeks.

I'm in Canada I ordered one from Ivar himself, it arrived within a couple of weeks.
I also ordered two credentials and a bead for my Pandora bracelet from Ivan. I was surprised how quickly I received them. I live in So.Calif. thanks Ivar

The American Company of Pilgrims will also mail a credential to Canada at no charge for mailing or credential, although they gratefully accept donations. It is also very easy to get one at he Cathedral in Porto if that is where you are starting from

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
We walked the Camino Ingles last year and used our Canadian credential that we bought from the Cnd Co of Pilgrims. We will also use one this fall for the Camino Portuguese.

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.