• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Canberra Group Meeting

Alan Pearce

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Invierno October 2022
A camino group has been meeting in Canberra at irregular times over the last 12 months. These meetings are now to take place at more regular times and the dates for meetings this year [2013] have been set. The meetings are to take place on Sat afternoons between 3PM and 5.30PM, at the Spanish Australia Club,5 Narupai Place,Narrabundah.

Dates are Feb 16th, April 20th, June 15th, Aug 17th. Oct 19th and Dec 21st.

Our website is http://www.canberracamino.webs.com

Each meeting will see a mixture of experienced and expectant pilgrims, and questions are welcomed!

Alan

Be brave. Life is joyous.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Just a reminder that the next Canberra camino meeting is on Sat 16th Feb, at the Spanish Australia club. All welcome!

Alan

The next meeting of the Canberra Friends of the Camino will be held on Saturday 23rd March at the usual venue, running from 3PM until 6PM. We had such a successful meeting last month that we have decided to hold the meetings more frequently than originally planned.

Alan

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Are the previous scheduled dates unchanged?

fiffip 13

Sorry, but I just saw your post. Yes the previous dates will still be meeting days.

The next meeting is on April 20th at the usual venue, and will be headlined by a 15 minute talk entitled "What Happens When Things Go Wrong". with a title like that I am sorry I will miss it! I will be at a wedding in Inverell, some 10 hours drive away.

Alan

Be brave. Life is joyous.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The next Canberra Friends gathering will be on Sat 17 Oct 15 at 3.00pm, at the Spanish Club in Narrabundah.

No presentations have been planned, but there will be past pilgrims there who will be happy to chat about any number of camino related topics.

Hi Mr Doug,
will there be a Canberra Friends meeting in December 15 or January 16? We are part experienced now and would like to share our experiences and garner ideas for the Portuguese next year.

We are planning to meet in Nov and Dec. Not yet sure about Jan. There are now a couple of others who have walked the Portuguese route, and it would also be great to have you come along and share your experiences.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Are there dates confirmed for Nov and Dec?

We are planning to meet in Nov and Dec. Not yet sure about Jan. There are now a couple of others who have walked the Portuguese route, and it would also be great to have you come along and share your experiences.
Hello Doug. What are the dates for Canberra meetings please? I live 3 hours from Canberra but am interested in attending a gathering. Thank you. Anne

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I'd be tempted but for the weather and the drive back to Sydney in the dark. Maybe in the spring?

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Thank you, Doug. I do like Canberra and these days the drive is not difficult.

The Feb 17 meeting of the Canberra Friends of the Camino will be held on Sat 25th, at the Australian Spanish Club in Narrabundah, starting at 3.00pm.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back